Customer reviews

Rust Never Sleeps
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 July 2017
A very good live album from Neil Young & Crazy Horse, the songs My my, hey hey [ out of the blue ], Ride my llama, Pochahontas and Hey hey, my my [ into the black ] are my favourite songs.
on 15 August 2017
Fantastic Album From Neil Young And Crazy Horse, essential for all Neil Young fans and also a great companion to Live Rust also on CD
on 18 May 2017
My very favourite Neil Young album. Got it on vinyl needed a CD for listening to it in the car!
on 26 April 2017
Excellent CD and service
on 26 October 2015
Classic album.
on 18 May 2012
if you're reading this review, it's probably to figure out whether to add this to the 2 or 3 Neil Young / Crazy Horse albums you already own, right? Just do it. It will cost you less than the price of a pint of beer for God's sake! You'll see that there is also a general consensus among reviewers. 7 out of the 9 tracks are stupendously good, two of them (Welfare Mothers and Sedan Delivery are a bit ho-hum by comparison). You get Neil at his acoustic best with Pocohontas, Thrasher and Sail Away while Crazy Horse's Powderfinger alone is worth the price. If you have Harvest, After the Goldrush or Everybody knows this is Nowhere, you'll love this. You'll end up buying the others eventually as we all do.
on 21 January 2008
Well, maybe not quite, but it's absolutely right up there in the pantheon. The perfect demonstration of Neil's diverse songwriting, and showcase for his qualities as a musician. (With the help of Crazy Horse.)

First up are the acoustic songs. (Side one of the original LP.) All of the highest quality, with the slight exception of "Ride My Llama". Then again, listeners sometimes need the occasional break from all the excellence. It sits straight after the powerful openers of "My My, Hey Hey" and "Thrasher", and before the excellent "Pocahontas" and the lovely "Sail Away".

The second side of the original LP features some fabulous proto-grunge. Not a real duffer in any of the four tracks, which start with the brilliant "Powderfinger". "Welfare Mothers" is maybe a touch weaker, but the crunching riffs of "Sedan Delivery" and "Hey Hey, My My" more than compensate. Overall a quite superb album, which would certainly squeeze into Neil Young's overall top five. (In my humble opinion.)
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2002
I'm just getting into Neil Young. Man he is amazing. Such a great songwriter. This album, recorded live with the audience track removed, has songs of the highest calibre. The first half of the album is acoustic, the second electric with Crazy Horse backing him. I can't say whats the best song on the album, they all are genius cuts, but among the highlights are 'Thrasher' and 'Hey Hey, My My(into the black)'. The first time I listened I was quite overwelmed and emotionally stunned by the music and the sheer quality of the writing. I don't know how I missed Neil Young in my 28 years but now I can't wait to get on my journey through the rest of his wonderful carear. I urge you to 'Add To Shopping Trolly' right now. You wil not regret it.