Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£20.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 9 December 2003
I've been a Bobby Darin fan since my early teens, and loved rocking to hits like "Splish Splash", "Mack the Knife", down thru "Multiplication"; however, his Chirstmas Album (CD), his only one is really special. Darin uses his God gifted talents in singing and bringing praise and love to such Christmas classics as "Ave Maria", "Silent Night", "Dona Nobis", "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks". He also changes gears in his presentation by singing American classics such as "Go Tell It on the Mountain", "Jehovah Hallelujah", "Mary Where Is Your Baby", "Pacem".
One of my very favorites, which in my opinion truly highlights this Christmas CD is Darin's version of "Auld Lang Syne". What a beautiful Christmas / Holiday tribute by a star that left us all too soon while he was still in his thirties. In closing, an interesting "tidbit" of "Trivia" info on Darin's version of "Auld Lang Sine", it was said that Elvis Presely loved it as well, and was known to have played it repeatedly at his home during the Christmas and New Years' holiday season.
For those who enjoy a different but classic and unique Christmas CD that you and the whole family will enjoy, I recommend buying this one!
on 27 January 2007
I'm sorry to say this, because Bobby Darin really is on of my all time heroes (a beaten up copy of "That's All" was the first LP I ever bought when I was 10), but this is a very patchy album indeed. There's more stuffing here than in your average turkey, with only one or two truly well crafter numbers. And saddest of all his best (& corniest) Christmas number "A Christmas Auld Lang Syne" isn't on this album. Only for the collectors I'm afraid.