Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 January 2002
This CD opitimises 'The Crow' beautifully. Each track takes you through the world of The Crow, some are instantly recognisable from the flim, others you may have to look (or listen) harder to find.
The CD kicks off with the greatest song (in my opinion) from the film 'Burn' by The Cure. This is the song that plays as Brandon Lee applies his 'make-up' at the start of the film, and The Crow is born.
The end song is also outstanding. In contrast to the rest of the songs on the CD, this is very somber and relaxing; ending the whole experience on a 'lovely' note -- much like the film.
In between is a mix of heavy rock, metal, dark dark music and so on -- basically, music from the film.
When you have finished listening to this CD you will realise that you have just been taken on a rollercoaster 'Crow like' ride. It's very powerful.
I would recommend this to any hard-core Crow fan, and indeed anyone who has a taste in real music.
The Crow soundtrack not only reflects the dark mood of the film, it actually did much to create that dark mood in the first place. One is hard pressed to say which came first, the movie or the music; that is how closely linked both aspects of the production are. Jane Siberry’s It Can’t Rain All the Time will forever be identified with The Crow in my mind; this hauntingly beautiful track makes this album worth buying all by itself; I know of no other song I could even compare it to in terms of its depth of feeling and quiet intensity. The other 13 tracks are pretty amazing songs in their own right, serving up a sampler of styles from rock’s slightly darker and heavier side. Stone Temple Pilot’s Big Empty is immediately recognizable to anyone who ever listened to a radio in the early 1990s, but I most enjoyed hearing some offerings from bands I am less familiar with. My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult is a band I have never heard of outside of The Crow soundtrack, and I’m really surprised this group has not received more attention over the years. For Love Not Lisa is another group that impressed me, especially with the “I would die for you” refrain that forms the heart of their song Slip Slide Melting. I know Pantera only be reputation, and I’m glad I got to hear a sampling of their work here. Nine Inch Nails and Rage Against the Machine are two bands that have never captured my attention, but their contributions to this soundtrack have me thinking I ought to take another look at them. Rollins Band’s Ghostrider came as a bit of a shock to me because the lead singer sounds remarkably like Jim Morrison, and this song really has the sound of a modernized Doors song. The Cure and Violent Femmes are two of my favorite groups, so I could ask nothing more of a soundtrack than to include an incredible new song from each of them. There really and truly is not a bad song to be found among these fourteen tracks. Those who abstain from the heavier side of rock and roll may not enjoy this album as much as I do, but this is an impressive assembly of substantive tracks from a diverse spectrum of quality artists, and every single track serves a real purpose in the movie itself.
on 19 August 2005
The Crow was a fantastic film, dark, exciting and intense, and the music is full of energy. There are so many top bands on this soundtrack - The Cure, NIN, Rage, Pantera, Violent Femmes and the Stone Temple Pilots for example, and they all put forward some quality tracks. Mention should also go to the final track by Jane Siberry, which is very nice indeed. If you like the film you should definitely check out this soundtrack!
on 27 July 2004
If you adore the film then you'll see why this soundtrack sets the perfect mood. An Amazing soundtrack to an amazing film. I hadn't really delved into the different bands until I watched the dvd again, and then decided to investigate. Obviously, the most popular song associated with the film is 'Burn' by The Cure, and Nine Inch Nails did a spectacular track 'Dead souls'. I love the mixture of hard/dark/heavy mixed with some mellow tracks, particularly the end track. The music fits the era, the film, and definietly made the mood. Buy it if you have good taste and want to experience the depth and emotion of the film again and again..
on 4 September 2015
I'm a massive fan of The Crow, the film is one of my all time favourites. One of the reasons it's one of my favourites is because of the soundtrack, the opening song 'Burn' is phenomenal and I don't think you can get it on any of The Cure's albums (I could be wrong, I'm not a massive Cure fan) so that's reason enough alone to buy this soundtrack. Watch the film and then buy the soundtrack, you won't regret it!!!!
on 12 July 2015
I'm not one who goes out and purchase compilation albums but this album is a exception. Why because it works saw the film back in the day and a friend played the sound track album a year later at my studio flat i didn't know it existed. I couldn't get hold of a copy back then so i borrowed my friends copy and copied it onto a cassette. Now twenty years later got a cd copy with autorip brilliant thanks amazon.
on 22 October 2012
The Crow: Soundtrack (1994) contains music from the motion picture, The Crow (1994), a film based on the 1989 comic book of the same name by James O'Barr, directed by Alex Proyas (Dark City) and starring the late Brandon Lee (Showdown in Little Tokyo). Lee was accidentally killed whilst filming The Crow, due to a defective blank. The Crow is a fantasy action horror film, co-scripted by horror novelists David J. Schow and John Shirley. It makes use of alternative rock and metal, gothic rock, and industrial metal for its soundtrack.

Track Listing
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kutt,
The Jesus and Mary Chain, Snakedriver
Medicine, Time Baby III
Jane Siberry, It Can't Rain All The Time

The biggest selling song from the album is the Stone Temple Pilot's Big Empty reaching #50 on the US Billboard 100. The most famous song on the album is arguably Burn by The Cure and The Nine Inch Nails' track, Dead Souls, is a Joy Division cover: the original comic book was partly inspired by The Cure and Joy Division. The Crow soundtrack reached #1 on the US Billboard 200, and was voted #37 on Rolling Stone magazine's 40 best records of 1994 by mainstream alternative bands. The film itself was equally successful, earning $50 million at the box office.

The album offers a wide range of diverse styles: there are three covers from the 1970s and 1980s (Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, and Rollins Band cover Joy Division, Poison Idea, and Suicide respectively), offering old and new fans a look back and a new look at alternative and punk music from those two decades; Helmet offer up some brand new alternative metal from their then forthcoming album; The Cure and The Jesus and Mary Chain lend their alternative indie sound to the mix; and there is a smattering of industrial metal from Machines of Loving Grace and My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult.

A brilliant yet often melancholy soundtrack, the music is suitably set to a dark and gothic film, a film that sadly has its own tragic stories to tell: The death of Brandon Lee and the death of J. O'Barr's partner, who was killed by a drunk driver (O'Barr would write The Crow partly as a way of dealing with her death). He was also influenced by the death of a young couple over a $20 engagement ring.

There is another CD attached to the film: The Crow: Original Motion Picture Score, by Graeme Revell. The Crow is one of many gothic, action-thriller, and horror films since the mid-1980s to use rock music as well as - or instead of - a sole orchestral score. Other examples are Demons (1985), Return of the Living Dead (1985), Maximum Overdrive (1986), Judgement Night (1989), Johnny Mnemonic (1994), Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995), Cable Guy (1996), Scream (1996), Spawn (1997), I Know What You Did Last Summer (1998), and The Faculty (1998).
on 25 February 2014
The music from the soundtrack must have been carefully planned to complete the evocation of emotions as planned for by the director of the movie. The dark, driving tunes of the first half of the album give us an insight into the turmoil our hero goes through in the different phases of the story line and in the end, we have Jane Siberry's It Can't Rain All The Time as if giving hope at the end of the tunnel. A charged up, soaring, emotionally arresting album.
on 8 March 2013
What canI say? BEAUTIFUL, HAUNTING film ,and now, a BEAUTIFUL, HAUNTING film soundtrack. 'Burn' is ny far the best song and really get's one into the 'feel' of 'The Crow'. MORE people need to see this film and own the soundtrack!
on 19 September 2015
A great album to go with a great film. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the genre of music or the film. I think my favourite is Burn by The Cure but the rest of the tracks are brilliant too.