on 18 January 2017
Heard the George Micheal version of 'The first time' and thought I would buy that. Then happened to look on Amazon for the original version and realised I loved so many of her songs. The song 'The first time' is just haunting and beautiful. Ahead of its time, yet timeless. An amazing CD for the money.
on 4 April 2015
One very beautiful song that means a great deal to me, and this was a replacement for the disc I lost, and it still moves me to tears - "The first time ever I saw your face" has great sentimental attachments to people now passed on, but I needed to have it in my collection always.
on 9 March 2017
My wedding music, thank you
on 10 March 2017
Beautiful
on 14 May 2014
Lots of tracks on here. all the old favourites and ones I haven't heard before, she's a great singer, and the duets were great too. Quite soulful, although a few lively tracks I wasn't too fond of, but the rest of the tracks more than make up for that. On the whole, really lovely songs.
on 6 December 2012
I remember when i was around 13 onwards hating soul & motown music. I was heavily into glam rock then and then punk.
But having been married for 25 years now these words and music etch slowly into goose pimples and you start to think so part of me must of been switched off to all this.
on 1 January 2014
This woman has such a good voice it's a shame I didn't have this album for so long, but now with it in my collection I can play it to death , and rightly so. Forget most of the female singers of today cause Roberta Flack has the edge.
Graham
on 19 April 2017
Her best collection of songs to date. Wonderful and moving vocals contained in this album.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 November 2013
Roberta's soulful voice is very relaxing on this "Best Of" album. such memorable songs as "The First Time Ever I saw Your Face" and "Killing Me Softly, With His Song". Recommend this Album to anyone who likes this genre.
on 23 March 2018