Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 January 2001
When Third eye blind released this album they must have knew thousands of musicians where banging their heads against walls wishing they thought of it first. With its lyrics about drug abuse, rape, depression laziness being sung with all heart and the backset plucking happily at their guitars with melodic, soulful, and chunky tunes coming out and making every song a joy to listen to such as Narcolepesy, Jumper and Losing a whole year make contrast between hard and soft rock difficult to see. This album gives a warm introduction into the way that Rock music would loved be played more often and if you haven't heard it, run! run! I say.
on 3 April 2002
I can't believe i found this gem in my brothers music collection. He had discarded it saying he thought it annoying. Well i didn't care. This is one of the best albums i own. The lyrics are so deep and meaning full and it has that dark side to it at the same time. I am a massive grunge fan and i took to this right away.
on 16 March 2015
Being a teenage during the "pop punk years" late 1990s early 2000s I was a big Blink, Jimmy Eat World, Reel Big Fish etc fan but I somehow didn't this own this album. Buying it recently, I can't believe I missed it! A brilliant collection of songs, all with great melodies. Only just realised Semi Charmed Life was from the film American Pie as well.....at least I got there eventually....
on 31 March 2012
Where to start with an album this Superior to every other alternative album out there.

Every song on the album could have been a single when released way back in 1997. Musicians include, Stephan Jenkins (vocals,percussion,drums, guitar, keyboard) Kevin Cadogan (guitar, backing vox, auto harp) Arion Salazar (bass, backing vox, piano) Brad Hargreaves (drums)additional musician, Michael Urbano (drums)and producer Eric Valentine who would contribute to adding various instruments to accompany the musicians.

Tracks on the album are:

1. Losing a Whole Year
11. I Want You
12. The Background
13. Motorcycle Drive By
14. God of Wine

In my opinion this is when alternative rock music was at its prime mid 90s - early 2000s. This is just a must by for anybody. Other albums include the follow up blue, a good addition to this debut but this one remains the classic. Just buy the album if you're considering a purchase because it won't let you down. Buy now.
on 8 November 1999
This is without doubt one of the best albums I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. My girlfriend introduced them to me after she saw them playing support at a gig, and I find it hard to believe that they have not made it big in the UK. It's not just the fact that the tracks have great tunes, the lyrics are some of the most deep and meaningful I have ever seen. It is so easy to relate to them. From the rousing guitar solo on "Jumper" to the delicate lyrics of "God of Wine", this is a band with a great range of talents. I wait with baited breath for their latest offering...
on 4 June 2000
I first heard 3eb on Virgin radio, who played Semi-Charmed life tons when it was released. I bought the single in October 97, listened to it, but somehow wanted more. More came with this album. Admittedly not completely easy to get into, but so worth it when you do, I cried the first time I heard Motorcycle Drive By, got rid of my aggression to songs such as Graduate and Losing a Whole Year, and Semi-Charmed Life is the song I listen to to cheer me up. If you like rock, but aren't satisfied with anything you've heard so far, LISTEN TO THIS!
on 26 June 2001
I stumbled across this album whilst browsing around on Amazon (after finally buying PJ - No Code) and I thought I'd give it a try after reading the rave reviews. And am I glad I did. The music is excellent, the vocals are natural, some of the guitar riffs are haunting, the lyrics are certainly unique and inspiring. All in all this album is a masterpiece, a work of art, a definite must for true music lovers... Don't just sit there, Buy It..!!!
on 12 July 2010
for a long time I have looked for a band that i can listen to over and over again and not get bored, it is a great album, i quite like, losing a whole year, jumper, burning man, just great songs, jumper being my most favorite one, mainly because it was sung my jim carrey in "yes man", all round great album well worth the buy
on 8 May 2005
On first listening to this album I thought that all of the reviews that i read on line were seriously exagarating how good this band are! Now after being patient with the album, i agree that it is worthy of its praise. Highly creative guitars, unique vocals and touching lyrics. A varied array of tracks from the light tone of 'Semi- Charmed Life' to the heavier mood of 'God of Wine'.
Certain albums leave you breathless, you know the sought! Unfortunately this album comes close but fails to hit the grade. I can not say what but there is something lacking that holds me back from giving five stars! Hopefully another reviewer could tell me what! To buy or not to buy? Buy! Highly reccomended!
on 20 September 2001
This CD has been my favourite in my huge collection of CDs since I bought it in 1997. Every song has a feel to it unlike ANY other band out there. Stephan Jenkins' voice is so unique, Kevin Cadogan (now sadly departed from 3eb) composed such fantastic guitar parts, and arion and brad (bass and drums) also play their instruments with a lot of originality. You never know what to expect next- Narcolepsy starts off as a slow, dreamy song, then it speeds up and you suddenly find yourself shouting 'COS I GET REAL DRUNK FALLING ASLEEP, I said HOW'D YOU LIKE TO BE ALONE AND DROWNING?....' Many of the 3eb fans I've spoken to agree that the best part of the album is the run of 3 songs at the end- the deepest, most meaningful music I've ever heard, with amazing atmosphere. There are also a lot of heavier songs on the album too. There's no overlap between the songs, you just CAN'T merge any of them together. It's just FANTASTIC. Go! BUY NOW!!! I wish I could give this album 100 stars!!! hehe