Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 June 2017
Just brilliant
on 12 September 2017
Bought for Son-in-Law who loved it
on 22 June 2017
Having been sceptical about Remasters I was pleasantly surprised by this. Sounds great and is brilliant to have this album on vinyl.
on 9 October 2017
Track 5 and 6 unable to listen to as skip all the way through. Very surprised at this from a new cd. Makes me question if it is genuine.
on 25 November 2009
I had never heard of this band until I stumbled on this page. After reading the great reviews and listening to couple samples i bought it. I can defenitely say this is a great album! Very powerful.
on 6 January 2003
Numerous people immediately dismiss American bands but 3eb is really one you should give a chance. Trust me.
They have a truly 'feel-good' sound and this self titled album is a sound follow up to their first, 'Blue'. Songs like 'How's It Going To Be', 'Background' and 'God of Wine' are lyrically outstanding and have arrangements which are a lot more developed than many of the songs in 'Blue'. If the riff heard in 'Semi-charmed Life' doesn't manage to get a classic 3eb song stuck in your head, then the chorus of 'Jumper', 'London' or 'I Want You' will. All of the songs are easy to digest apart from 'God Of Wine' but once it grows on you (it grew to become my favourite song on the album!), there won't be a song on the album you'd be able to pick flaws with.
The vocals in this album have an emotional and passionate sound, the lyrics are inspirational and the music is unique. The album isn't too 'rocky' or too 'poppy' or too 'radio-friendly', it's everything you want.
on 26 April 2001
This is a long term review; I have listened to this album almost every day over the last couple of years. As far as debut albums go, it is near flawless. Never heard Third Eye Blind? Yes you have - skip to track 3. But the hit 'Semi-Charmed Life', brilliant as it is, is only one of 14 outstanding songs. The band, led by singer-poet Stephan Jenkins, address the full spectrum of human emotion, from restlessness ('Graduate'), to frustration, ('Losing A Whole Year'), to sympathy ('Jumper') to, perhaps most prominently, loss. Songs such as 'Motorcycle Drive-By', 'God of Wine' and 'The Background' will haunt you from your first listen. The now departed Kevin Cadogan breathes new life into the guitar with interesting and innovative textures while Arion Salazar's bass lines are among the most beautifully melodic I have ever heard. As for Stephan Jenkins' lyrics...well they have been one of the most influential aspects of my life over the past few months.
This album is a genuine classic from a band who just seem unable to do anything wrong - If you like this check out the follow-up 'Blue, and the unreleased songs such as 'Gorgeous' and 'Alright Caroline'
on 25 January 2001
I cannot recomend this CD enough it really is a master piece, if all you've heard so far of Third Eye Blind is "Semi Charmed Kinda Life" then you really haven't heard third eye blind. You will never get bored of this CD I've been listeneing to it for about a year now and it still sounds as fresh now as when i first bought it. The LP is incredibly varied with the heavy rock of Narcelopsy and the mellow and simple yet amazing licks and riffs of God of Wine which also has some incredible lyrics. The best song on the album though has to be Jumper with an incredible Bass and drum solo which builds up to an oustanding guitar solo and some great meaningfull lyrics, sung as always with incredible enthusiam and sincerity by Steve Jenkins who has an incredible vocal range. I cannot fault this album my only suggestion is that you buy it as soon as possible.
on 11 April 2012
I cannot possibly add anything extra that hasn't already been said, but this is such a fantastic album I cannot overlook a brief review!
The first four songs are absolutely perfect openers. "Semi-Charmed Life" is, for me, the weakest track on the whole album, but I never skip it. Brilliant hook, but for me, of the singles, "Losing A Whole Year" and "Jumper" stand out as the classic "pop" hits.
The rest of the album is superb, with special mention to "London" for being such a fun scream-a-long, and "The Background".
I've had this album for well over a year, and its still growing on me all the time. The magic of the last two tracks is still to completely suck me in, but with every listen they get better and better (especially "God Of Wine").
"Blue", the bands next album, has only just been added to my collection. So far, (I'm playing for the first time as I type this) its also a classic-sounding american rock album.

I have a very broad taste in music, ranging from Miles Davis to Lacuna Coil to Bruce Springsteen to Thrice. For me, Third Eye Blind play some of the finest pop-rock ever played, and are by far the strongest of all the big american rockers of the 90's generation (Matchbox 20, Everclear, Semisonic, Blink 182).

I discovered this band in 2010 after being recommended this album by Amazon. All I can say is "Thank's A Lot".
on 14 November 1999
I was introduced to third eye blind earlier this year by someone who believed 'Jumper' (No. 4 on the album) is the greatest song ever written. I bought the album days later and can honestly say that I do not believe an album of such consistent quality has been written for years. 3eb have a range of styles, from slow rock ballads such as 'The Background' to the sing-your-heart out 'Semi-Charmed Life' and 'Narcolepsy'. This album is there for everyone who has an appreciation of Weezer, Ben Folds Five and even Offspring or Nirvana. Third Eye Blind are set to release a follow up album 'Blue' on November 23rd. There first single 'Anything' is fantastic - and I would also recommend checking out B sides from the first albums' singles - they are all as good as the album tracks.