Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 June 2000
This is one of my favorite Jackson Browne recordings. All of the song s have such strong messages, as Jackson's always do. He really gets into his opinions of the political arena in the title song, also "For America". Also a gem is "In the Shape of a Heart." Their is absolutely no one who can approach Jackson Browne when it comes to lyrical writing ability. He paints cyrtal clear pictures for us of what he feels in his heart with his uncanny ability to phrase a feeling in the perfect words, I have always been totally awestruck by his unequalled talent. If you like intelligently written songs with strong messages about all walks of life, this is one to add to your collection.
on 23 September 2014
To me this is one of the best albums of music, you will ever listen too, in your lifetime .It is very politically charged, but oh so very true. Jackson is a brilliant artist lyrically & musically, live or on CD
on 25 May 2007
This was the album through which I was introduced to the music of Jackson Browne. I have never looked back, having bought all of his albums since. For me, this remains my favorite. The political message of the title track and others may not be to everyone's tastes, but it is eloquently put and is as relevant now as it was in 1986. Elsewhere tracks like "In The Shape Of A Heart" are classic long songs in the finest tradition. It's such a complete album. There isn't a weeak track on it. Enjoy.
on 30 October 2009
I have all Jackson Browne's studio albums. I bought this on vinyl when it first came out and rather belatedly decided to get it on cd. It still sounds great and is one of his best mid period albums.
I am enjoying it afresh and am glad I bought it.
on 6 October 2014
Probably JBs best album from the late 70s through the 80s. Songs are excellent and only marginally affected by the 80s sound.
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2008
I just think this is wonderful. every track satisfactory. But for me the memorable track that runs through my mind on and off over the years is Lives in the Balance .. people on the run. Buy it
on 8 December 2015