Format: Audio CD|Change

I'm not a huge fan of movie soundtracks, but you couldn't take this CD away from me without a fight. Pretty In Pink's music did much to make it the great film it was. Although some of the artists featured on the soundtrack weren't really mainstream or famous, the music epitomizes the late great 1980s. "If You Leave" by OMD was one of the biggest hits of the entire decade, and it sounds as good today as it did back then. The title track by The Psychedelic Furs remains immediately recognizable by its opening notes. Both of these two songs still spark a nostalgic memory of my angst-ridden teen years. I must thank the compilers of this soundtrack for including the short but emotion-laden track "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" by The Smiths. Were it not for this CD, I probably would never have discovered the weird yet cathartic music of Morrissey and The Smiths. "Left of Center" is one of Suzanne Vega's best songs, just as "Do Wot You Do" represents INXS at that band's peak. These songs are a pretty eclectic mix, but all of them are fun to listen to even today and could probably fill a dancefloor with young people as well as not so young people who watched Pretty In Pink and listened to the soundtrack over and over again in our young, carefree days. For me, each song sparks a memory and keeps alive a small piece of a time in my life I will be trying to remember and relive until the day I die.
on 27 April 2014
To be clear, I truly think that Pretty in pink is a very good movie. But the cd is just ok. Mostly bought this because of `Pretty in pink` by Psychedelic furs. (Wish I can not find anywhere ellse) so an ok soundtrack.
on 7 February 2014
Loved the film nearly as much as i enjoyed this superb soundtrack. So very happy to add this to my collection. Excellent quality Cd and all services experienced with this brilliant purchase. THANKS so much!
on 17 September 2005
John Hughes knew his British 1980s bands and shamelessly used them to sell his brand of life in teen America. To accompany the ups and downs of Andrew McCarthy and Molly Ringwald's love life in Pretty in Pink he chose If You Leave (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark), Pretty in Pink (Psychedelic Furs), plus New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Smiths and Belouis Some. Chuck Suzanne Vega (Left of Centre) and Do Wot You Do (INXS) into the mix and you've got a slice of classic Anglo-Americana nobody whose era was the 80s can ignore.
on 4 September 2000
Unexpectedly, this movie has stood the test of time better than the John Hughes movies we thought, back then, couldn't be bettered, like Breakfast Club. As with all those movies, the soundtrack was carefully thought through and contains a few real classics as well as a couple of bits of nonsense. Pretty in Pink itself is a wonderful track, but they're not all that good. WHY doesn't it have the Otis Redding Try a little tenderness that Ducky mimes to in the record store? The fools!
on 3 March 2001
The film is one of the best I saw during my youth along with the Breakfast Club, another Bratpack Classic.. The soundtrack is great to hear and conjures pictures in your head from the film.. Thoroughly recommended for all you 80's teens who love to remember.. Takes you back..
on 7 November 2000
This album is a fantastic soundtrack. Standout tracks are If You Leave by OMD and the title track by Psychedelic Furs. There are a couple of obsure acts and one of them, Jesse Johnson, sings a song called Get To Know Ya and it sounds like classic 80's Prince. Great tracks by Inxs, The Smiths and New Order are also on this album. If you are into 80's stuff then this soundtrack and the movie itself will thrill you. The music is joyous.
on 20 November 2013
Being one of my All-Time-Favourite films, I thought my buying of the Soundtrack was long overdue !
I remedied that and am SO happy I did !!!!
Can't fault anything.
Wonderful.
on 8 February 2008
I love this album and think it is fantistic with the film, something whihc everyone can enjoy.... even myself who was born the year of its release! brilliant even if you are not a child of the era!!!
on 18 November 2013
I was super happy to find this sound track-album for one of my favourite films from the 80's. Listening to the album has really taken me back to the 80's.