Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£3.27+ £1.26 shipping

on 9 March 2017
Excellent - I think this is not only their best album - but possiblly the best rap album so far produced. I recommend this to everyone with ears and a brain.
on 10 December 2000
This album just pumps. This was the first Hip Hop album I ever bought and was instantly converted. PE's music has and always will be unlike any other. The production is amazing, lyrics political but yet enlightening (Shut em Down and Cant Truss it) and every song moves with a sense of purpose which cant be said for 90% of the stuff which is churned out by the bucketload these days. If you like smart production and intense lyrics, check this album out
on 4 January 2003
This album represents the end of Public Enemy's best period, their fourth album in a 5 year period when they blew everyone away and inspired the political "afrocentric" period of hiphop.
The strain is already starting to show as the album never quite lived up to it's predecessor "Fear of a Black Planet", yet there is undeniable quality here in tracks like "shut em down" and "By the time I get to Arizona".
It's a storming noisy militant album, with Chucka nd Flav still spitting over some incredible hooks, the originality of their sound not yet worn thin. I wish they were still as good and as consistent as this...
on 8 October 2014
The best band of hip hop rap of all time thats all .
on 12 November 2000
More cliched than PE's other releases, but has some of the best songs they ever did, and definitely some of Chuck's best vocals. Check the fantastic By The Time I Get To Arizona and Nighttrain. One of my favourite rap CDs.
on 22 February 2012
I think this album sits well alongside their other classic early albums, and my favourite PE album "Mess-Age".

Unfortunately the tracks are spoiled by bleeps of censorship throughout. I've tried to get an uncensored copy, but even tracks to download from iTunes and Amazon are censored too.

I wish they'd sort their bleep out and re-issue! :-)
on 27 March 2014
Top quality album which was way ahead of its time when it was released back in '91. A must for any serious hip hop fan.
on 31 August 2015
In their prime here...political motivation, education and mixed feelings of anger, frustration and hope for change, is the driving force behind the energy of the tracks. Big beats and lyrics that should be praised as poetic mix seamlessly track after track. A great album.
on 23 September 2004
I've just rebought this album - one I loved a few years back but lost my cassette version somewhere along the line. I think first rap album I purchased...
Even if 'Fear of a black planet' or 'Takes a nation of millions...' might be more revered, and it came out a bit after their golden age, there is genius at work here.
I love 'By the time I get to Arizona...' - it's got that epic intro and great lyrics with PE raging over a state with sparkling PR sheen but a stinking underbelly. "what's a smiling face when the whole state's racist"... A line delivered with
righteous anger! Worth getting the album for that track alone.
on 12 September 2014
While most American rappers were rapping about diamonds, clothes, cars, weed and sex, PE were talking about social issues, moral concerns and politics. Great album.