on 21 August 2003
Just like the film, the soundtrack is a pilgrimage through fun, fantastical and eerily moody themes. While many of the songs are child-like, the older generations will still sing along to "This is Halloween", "What's This?" and "Making Christmas", the latter of which is now a personal favourite over the seasonal holiday.
What makes the film and the soundtrack appealing to goth-orientated peeps like myself is its bittersweet theme; the love story is portrayed sensitively and beautifully by Danny Elfman's haunting melodies throughout songs such as "Jack and Sally's Montage". Though it may be too dark an animation for some, the sheer number of The Nightmare Before Christmas fans proves that mixing the freaky with the sweet is an unlikely, but successful, combination that can only be achieved by the God of Goth Films - Tim Burton, and the God of Eerie Melody - Danny Elfman.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 February 2015
I'm a huge Disney fan and I always love having both the film and the soundtrack.

I bought this on one of my many visits to Walt Disney World, :-)

This is such a lovely CD to have, there are some beautiful songs for this film.

The music and lyrics by Danny Elfman and he did an excellent job. He also wrote the original score, it includes some beautiful melodies which are heard throughout the film.

I can highly recommend this for any Disney fan. :-)
on 24 March 2005
This is a piece of magic. Danny Elfman is on top form with one of the greatest film soundtracks you could ever own. The film is one of my all time favourites and the songs are so delightful I listen to them over and over again. Any person who doesn't get a tingle down their spine when Halloween Town are signing Making Christmas should check their pulse. I love you Danny Elfman and I want to have you beautiful musical babies.
Matthew Page (not actually gay)
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2006
What a sweet film!
What an adorable sound track!
Love it to pieces!
on 15 February 2005
a very good buy ... a very good cd
if you dont have time to watch the dvd of the film this cd is just as good as watching it ... when you hear each song you get a picture of what happens in the film that goes with the words or mood of the song
on 1 July 2006
What can I say...? I think this is one of the best soundtracks ever made. It's been more than a decade since the film was released and yet I still watch it with the very same excitement I had the first time. I definitely recommend both the CD and the DVD...Trust me, you'll love them!
on 19 February 2016
very well packed and product ok.
on 14 July 2013