on 4 March 2015
I have listened to this everyday since the day I bought it. It is an excellent example of a Disney Movie soundtrack and I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the film. My favourite tracks are 'Topsy Turvy', 'The Court of Miracles' and 'The Bells of Notre Dame', but you'll find all your favourite tunes from the film on this CD. If you're a fan of 'God Help The Outcasts' then you'll be pleased with the 3 renditions of the song on this disc. Yes, I said 3! Although I can take or leave Bette Midler's rendition, 'Que Dieu Aide les Exclus' is amazing and, if you're like me and know the words to the original by heart, you can learn a bit of French too! Also included is the track 'Someday' which was originally written for the scene of Esmerelda's prayer in place of 'God Help the Outcasts'. Despite the fact that it didn't make it into the film, 'Someday' is still a great song and one I am glad they included. In short, I'd definitely recommend this to fans of The Hunchback of Notre Dame; A brilliant soundtrack to a brilliant Disney film!
on 4 November 2016
Thanks
on 6 April 2015
great product
on 2 May 2015
Brilliant for such a good price too! Music is beautiful, definitely would recommend to others.
on 13 December 2014
Loved the film - Love the music....
on 15 February 2015
I'm a huge Disney fan and I always love having both the film and the soundtrack.

This was bought on one of my many visits to Walt Disney World.

This is such a lovely CD to have, there are some beautiful songs for this film. The songs are mainly composed by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz and they've done an excellent job. They include the Disney classics " God Help the Outcasts", "Topsy Turvy" and "Someday".

The original score which you hear throughout the film is by Alan Menken.

I can highly recommend this for any Disney fan. :-)
on 4 November 2001
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a 5 star album displaying once again Menken's talents. The music can be enjoyed by child fans of the movie and adult music lovers, although I feel some messages in the songs are too heavy for young children. The music has a catholic choral style (as some is in latin) as well as a gypsy bohemian theme contrasting. 'Hell fire' is a passionate song of lust with a heavy theme on the morals surrounding gypsys, witchcraft, church and the law. But the right message is sent out in the ballad 'God help the outcasts'. The music brilliantly describes the time and feel of Victor Hugo's epic novel with a touch of comedy in the talking gargoyles. This c.d is fabulous!
7 people found this helpful
on 3 January 2015
This was given as a present. Recipient liked it lots.
on 26 April 2011
According to Amazon I have no "open" orders-funny that as I ordered this 15 days ago and "I'm still waiting". Perhaps I should have ordered "the sound of silence". An item I ordered a week ago from Amazon proper has been delivered though.
The moral of the story is that an Amazon reseller is to be avoided if you want an item by a certain date, ie a Birthday.
|22 Comments|Report abuse