Customer reviews

Albinoni: Adagio/Pachelbel: Canon
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 July 2013
I bought this album to help me focus more at work and drown out the sounds around me and I realized that classical music, especially high quality classical music had a very calming effect on the body and mind. I truly recommend it to those who have never given classical music a try.
on 14 November 2013
I heard a rendition of this very recording at an art exhibition in Saltaire, and had to have it. To my ears, it epitomises the very essence of Baroque music. I'm no expert, but I know what I like. Hope this is helpful--!
I originally purchased this CD to get Pachelbels Canon, and really didn't care too much about what else was on the CD. What a pleasant surprise when it arrived, not a single "dud" track. The recording is well balanced and the tracks are nicely matched for both volume and bass/treble, meaning that you aren't constantly having to twiddle you volume and tone controls to be able to enjoy the music. The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra gives a lovely well rounded performance with some real gems, both in the Albinoni Adagio, and in the Vivaldi Concerto for Four Violins. If you are into Baroque music, don't miss this one, it is well worth buying.
on 15 May 2013
Totally SatisfactoryTHOROUGHLY ENJOYED BY ALL WHO HAVE LISTENED TO THE MUSIC ON THE RECORDINGS.Would reccomend to music lovers for relaxation
on 19 February 2014
Bought for wife. She loves this recording. Thinks it is absolutely great. Only bought it for Canon in D but she says that all the other tracks are superb. Quality of recording superb.
on 19 March 2016
What can I say..? Just buy it and let it wash over you.
on 2 January 2013
Very good recording of theses popular pieces. Well arranged and one of the better ones I liked it very much
on 5 August 2014
Superb CD. Brilliant music. I Love this music.
on 12 January 2015
This was a gift. It was enthusiastically received.
on 7 March 2012
I hesitated before buying this CD,simply because no indication of a Spars code was given.I was delighted to find that not only is it a full digital recording,it sounds great!The whole production is extremely polished,but then what did I expect?!