Customer reviews

Mothers Heaven
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 July 2003
Surprised to see just the one review for this album and that it's only given a 3 star rating. Southside was class. But to me the next two albums are better - that's Mothers Heaven and Rick's Road. Both bluesy, both with catchy tunes. No hesitation in recomending these to blues fans. Texas fans that only came in at the White on Blonde stage might not get what they expected though.
on 28 September 2000
"Mothers Heaven was the second album by Texas and the follow up to their debut album "Southside". The album saw a change in style for the band and despite the fact that the album is not bad it fails to live up to the high expectation created by their debut album. This album is a lot darker than it's predecessor, which is maybe not what the fans were expecting as the album is nowhere nearly as commercially accessible as their debut which had a very pop meets rock style. The album is not bad its just that it had a lot to live up to and the album doesn't quite meet the benchmark set by "Southside" with the tracks being rough, dark and hard sounding and not as "pop" based as those on their debut album such as the brilliant "I Don't Want A Lover". The highlights on the album include "Why Believe In You", "This Will All Be Mine" and "Alone With You" and these are really the only tracks that I feel are good enough to be included on "Southside".
on 12 December 2011
To this date I have not bough Texa's first album, I only stated liking them from the 2nd album. Why was this album forgotten? There was nothing wrong with the single, I think it was "Why Believe in You", on the contrary. Was it because of the cover?, maybe. It was certainly due to lack of publicity, the media just said, "Ok, lets look at something else". I have listened to may tracks from "South Side" and find "Mother's Heaven" much superior, but tastes are tastes.
on 14 July 2012
Good early Texas sounds, a worthy cd to buy and you can listen to it at any time of the day
on 2 October 2015
good
on 20 April 2012
I love this cd! Texas is one of my favorite groups, and I was happy to find a cd I was not familiar with. The seller was quick in getting it to me! Thanks! I would buy from this seller again!