Customer reviews

The Best of Bob Marley and The Wailers: Legend
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 October 2016
Used to have this on tape years ago and thought it was great then. Brings back happy teenage memories listening to it during housework. This copy sounds so much better than I remember. ( or is it i'm not stoned like I used to be ?)
on 28 July 2010
Had this on LP years ago. Have not heard these songs in years and how good it still sounds, great songs on this cd and some real feel good tunes, and as a Christian can appreciate some of the redemption songs and up lifting tunes.
on 3 December 2013
So many music stars call themselves legend and release albums with similar names. Yet Bob Marley is the real deal and this album (the 2 disc edition) has all his best songs over his full career. Strongly recommended.
on 1 February 2012
A must-have of all-time for all Raggae fans! The original record has sold over 23 millions worldwide, and this remastered edition has been proved to be an unexpected brakthrough, which is destined by its bonus DVD.
on 25 February 2005
I first heard of Bob Marley from one of my friends, they said that he was excellent. So he let me listen to " One Love " and i was speechless. It was amazing and lovely. I wanted to hear some more songs from Marley, so i listened to " Is This Love " and " Easy Skanking " and both masterpieces. I wasnt really into reggae, not a massive fan. But after listening to Marley, i love reggae. I love every single track on this CD. " No Woman No Cry " is brilliant, especially as its live. My favourites are " Is This Love ", " Could You Be Loved ", " Three Little Birds ", " Stir It UP ", " Easy Skanking ", " One Love ", and " I Shot The Sherrif ".
By this CD, especially for people who are new to Bob Marley. And 10 quid, come on, for a legend, thats an amazing price!
on 10 September 2014
Lovely item to behold. Of course, like so many people, I already had an original copy, but for me this was worth purchasing for the very fine cover and booklet. The Blu Ray version is interesting to play back against the CD version and hear the improvement in quality even though the comparability of the spend on my CD v blu ray player is not fair. The blu ray version sounds smoother, more detailed and relaxed even; the harshness associated with the CD version is reduced.

Not much to say that has not already been said about the music on the CD, but I guess you know what it is and know that it is a seminal collection of recordings anyway.
on 20 February 2017
Bought this album 33 years ago. I was 12 years old at the time and thought it sounded amazing!! Every song on the album sounds just as amazing today. THE LEGEND OF BOB MARLEY LIVES ON. ONE LOVE X
on 31 July 2003
My favorite album of all time. The music is fantastic, I specially like the long version of "Exodus", "Bufflo Soldier" and "Waitin in Vain". I have so many Bob Marley albums. I have 13 of them. But this album is the best out of all of them. Just ask me a question about him and I'll give you the correct answer. There is no favourie song because they are all brillant, songs such as "Exodus", "Punky Reggae Party", "Could You Be Loved", "Waitin In Vain", "One Love" and "Three Little Birds". I really like the dub versions of these songs they are brillant. I'll play them over and over again. Its a shame really when there's not a lot of people reviewing this album, they don't know what they are missing. If I was to choose from any artist including the new artists at the moment (which they are crap anyway) Bob Marley is the one for me, he is a Legend. So I recommend you to buy this album. You'll regret it if you don't. I promise.
on 23 November 2003
this is the first Bob Marley cd ive listened to as i have never considered myself much of a reggae fan.
how wrong was i!!
this is music at its sheer genius. Bob Marley manages to create a feeling of warmth and energy in his songs.
From the opener is this love, to the anthemic exodus, this cd delivers what could possibly the greatest musical acheivement of the last thirty years.
Great stuff!
on 22 May 2010
I first got this album just after it was released (in 1984?)....as a young boy.Listened to it so many times that I destroyed the record! As I grew up I gradually bought all the albums that these songs come from.26 years later I still love Marley's music,its apparent simplicity,the great lyrics,the message of hope and redemption.

As another reviewer says,this is an album you'll find everywhere-not just in the UK but all over the world.Don't let that put you off-the quality here is outstanding.Everyone should own this.