Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 April 2017
Not bad, but not my style of music
on 17 March 2017
GREAT.
on 19 January 2016
I bought this for some one as a gift for Christmas.
on 29 March 2012
I've never really succumbed to the unquestioning devotion that Paul Weller's work with punk/new wave outfit The Jam seems to inspire in so many of his followers. For instance, I don't think that they produced a classic rock LP that could be compared with the likes of London's Calling, or Never Mind The B________. But I am taken by the short spiky singles that they produced in a brief, but productive spell in the late 1970s and early 1980s. This hour long compilation includes all 21 of the hits that they made in that time; from the punky 'In The City' to the soulful sound of 'Beat Surrender'.*

I appreciate Compact Snap! because it includes all of the chart successes with which their name became synonymous - memorable tracks like 'The Eton Rifles', 'Going Underground' and 'Town Called Malice'. And I like it for its moments of poignant reflection - such as 'That's Entertainment' and 'The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow)' - just as much as I do for its angrier efforts - like 'The Modern World' and 'Town Called Malice'.

Many reviewers have criticised this budget-priced collection for its abridgement; it omits eight songs from the original double album. Personally, I feel that it makes it lean and sharp - just like a slim-fitting Ben Sherman shirt
on 26 June 2004
I BOUGHT THIS ON VINYL WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED (1983?). WHEN I WAS 12. AND I THINK THE 8 SONGS NOT INCLUDED HERE MAKE A LOT OF DIFFERENCE. GET A TURNTABLE AND BUY THE VINYL OR ELSE BUY THE ALBUMS ON CD. GOOD INTRODUCTION TO THE BAND, BUT SURELY NO ONE'S GONNA WANT AN INTRODUCTION THESE DAYS. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. SHOWS A GREAT CHRONOLOGY OF THE JAM, ALL THE SINGLES INCLUDED, BUT SOME OF THE SUBTLETIES AVOIDED. I WAS A YOUNG MOD, NOW I'M AN OLD FART. STILL MUCH BETTER POP MUSIC THAN YOU'RE EVER GOING TO HEAR AGAIN. BUY IT. BUT BUY ALL THE ALBUMS FOR BEST (SOUND) EFFECTS.
on 18 June 2016
Fantastic Cd 💿 I play it everyday.
I could say my favorite band of all time.
on 22 July 2013
my work colleague had never heard of them but had heard of Paul Weller, huh kids think people become a 50 odd year old singer when they get old
on 25 September 2016
as you'd expect - great music
on 11 February 2017