Customer reviews

Power Windows
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 April 2012
It is interesting to note that this album seems to be the big dividing album between rush fans they either love it or hate it. I don't count my self as a fan of anything I either like it or I don't but I don't claim to be a fan really, I have perhaps a more objective look, when I FIRST put the cd of power windows on, I have to say I didn't really remember anything and nothing stood out or grabbed my attention I am not sure why but thats just what happened then the second time I listened I realised it was apretty cool album it has for me almost perfect balance of keyboard and guitars and wierd rhythms and things like Grace under pressure but slight more so.

having said that I still don';t know the name of the songs and I still can't remember any of them off the top of my head which is a little bit strange. but I do like it everytime I play it I can remember the words and things so its not a bad album Its just not as memorable as their other albums or something :)

buy it though its worth it
on 13 March 2014
Although I have to admit that 'Power Windows' isn't right up there amongst my favourite Rush albums, there are some very good tracks included with 'Mystic Rhythms' and 'Middletown Dreams' providing the stand-outs for me. Certainly this is worth buying, particularly if you like progressive rock with plenty of intelligent and passionate lyrics.
on 23 July 2009
I used to have this album as a vinyl version back in the 80's.... all I knew then was highly compressed sound being drawn through worn/fluffy needles, or worse still, cassette copies adding to the muddy sound.
I heard the MP3 version on a friend's player put through a home theatre sound system... some of it made my hairs stand up... I'd never heard this album so well presented... you can actually hear everything along with everything you couldn't hear on scratchy, old vinyl. If you liked the album back then, jump into the 21st century and get the MP3 version, it's a completely different experience.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 29 April 2013
Rush for me was great until 'Moving Pictures', they have been changed and i didn't like the change, i prefer the 70's prog era which contain many classic.
I can't find any good song i can really connect with, i guess this is not my type.
I still bought this album, i am Rush fan and real fans buying their albums, so like it or not, buy it.
One person found this helpful
on 2 November 2013
I originally had this album on tape and played it to death. I was pleasantly surprised to find it available at a budget price. Time hasn't withered it at all. This music is timeless, and you'd be hard put to find so much pleasure for the money. Do your ears a treat, and buy it!
One person found this helpful
on 5 January 2018
Great music by the best band ever
on 30 October 2015
Well-made album. Sharp sounding (though it sounds now like too much use of synths). Shows how progressive and inventive Rush are - they have neer been formulaic.
on 9 February 2016
As with Grace Under Pressure I had this on a tape years ago .... my second favourite Rush album so greatly satisified
on 11 February 2017