Customer reviews

on 10 July 2007
I heard Massenet's Suite No. 4, Scene Pittoresques half-way through the recital on the car radio, several weeks ago and thought it was brilliant. I knew I'd heard it before but given my profound ignorance, thought it was music by Chabrier. Having discovered the true composer, I searched the 'net and came up with this recording, courtesy of Amazon and it was sent to me in record time, at a very reasonable price.

The recording is great; as well as Massenet's Suite No. 4, Suite Nos 5-7 are included. The Naxos label regularly features great orchestras and conductors; hearing the New Zealand Symphoney Orchestra, conducted by Jean-Yves Ossonce is a first for me but M. Ossonce does so with style and verve and it really is an impressive performance.
on 14 November 2014