on 9 October 2017
It's very very funny, and the songs I really like are all on here. Most of them are absolute classics, however some of the lyrics are a bit too 1970's, and frankly make me cringe to listen to now. Having said that, Python was always about pushing satire to it's limits, and not having any no go areas, hence why they have managed to pillory and offend so many people over the years, and I am resisting the urge to get seriously offended on someone else's behalf. I haven't risked putting this on any device that may select tracks at random, as the chance of seriously upsetting a house guest, or having kids asking awkward questions like - "what is a balinital chancroid?"- is a bit too high, but it cheers up a miserable rainy morning drive into work, and being a tree surgeon, the Lumberjack Song always puts a smile on my face. There's a couple of songs such as 'Rainy Day in Berlin' that, surprisingly, I had never heard before- I now know why.....
on 27 July 2016
Hilarious and absolutely classic lyrics, if you're feeling down listen to this for a good laugh at life to pick you up. Must say that this seller is slipping as unlike previous purchases from them it took 21 days to arrive so I now avoid them, maybe need more staff, who knows. That aside, "always look on the bright side of life", it arrived. ;-)
on 21 December 2012
I've always loved Monty Python, but I didn't know that their songs were as consistent they are. The older songs are just as good as the newer ones, but I didn't realise it until I heard them all after each other.

I mean, there is a clear musical difference between the songs from the original T.V. series and ones from "The Meaning of Life", yet they sound as if they were written at the same time when you listen to this album.

Just beware that, in case you didn't know; as the album title says, there are no sketches on this disc, only songs. But that was exactly what I wanted.

Now go and invite your friends, have some drinks and put this disc on. It's the perfect party album.
on 9 March 2015
This is truly a good music experience, and no one knows a good music experience except me , except my wife , and some of her friends ,oh and Captain Johnson. But that`s beside the point. A true rare collection of Monty Python songs, with some songs added from the mostly live and live at the Hollywood bowl. And you allso get some of their sketches on the second cd. Perfect !
VINE VOICEon 4 November 2014
The greatest comedy team in history, this is their a collection of their finest silly songs.
If you like me, love Python then you probably know most of the tracks off by heart.
A timeless masterclass. Enjoy, again and again.
Cheer up Brian, Always look on the bright side of life!
on 22 August 2017
Politically correct NO
Funny YES
Used "Always look on the bright side of life for a funeral. Turned it into a celebration of life not a commiseration of passing.... great
on 14 October 2016
If you love Monty Python this album will defiantly bring a smile to your face.
on 13 April 2017
Love Monty Python, love this CD.
on 15 March 2017
Just what a fan wants!
on 28 August 2016
Awesome How can you not find these songs funny if you are British