Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 January 2002
This album sees the reunion of Rozz Williams and Gitane Damone, the creative hub of classic goth band Christian Death. It sees them exploring further their interest in German cabaret music, which was first touched on on the classic Christian Death LP "Ashes". Don't let this odd idea put you off, this cd has these two singing at their best, and while being experimental, it never veers off into being unlistenable like many of Rozz's solo projects have. The covers of Roxy Music's "Dream Home Heartache" and Hendrix's "Manic Depression" bring new depth to these tracks. Standout track on the album is the heartbreaking "Flowers" sung by Rozz, in which he beautifully sings about death and heroin addiction. A fitting swansong for Rozz.
on 8 March 2015
After being told that my own way of prefoming was quite similar to Rozz Williams, I had to check out his work. When I found this album I only needed to hear one tune, 'Flowers' to understand that I had to get my hands on this.
Especially I love how the voices of these two vocalists work together. I have therefore found even another new musician, Gitane Demone, which I also fall in love with.
The mood of the entire is capturing. You will cry in both sorrow and in happiness.
Simply, a fantastic gothic album, which will go deep into you.