on 11 August 2011
Parts of this book are very misleading. The section on Bourgas states that apart from the airport there is nothing to see and it should be avoided. Only by chance did we discover that not only does it have a lovely, sandy,extremely long beach, but running parallel is a beautiful park! I can't believe that the reviewer has ever actually visited Bourgas.
on 21 March 2017
Excellent and still very useful, although given no longer being updated is somewhat dated with developments this decade. E.g. Visit this tiny understated, yet amazing, tiny food heaven.
review image
on 13 March 2013
Some interesting background reading with some attempt to give helpful phrases. However as these are written in a phonetic manner to assist pronunciation, it is then difficult to find the word within its context; eg a specific food item will be written in a menu in cyrillic, so cannot be found from the pronunciation guide.
on 24 May 2015
Very interesting little book. I'm only going to Bulgaria for a week, but I thought it would be helpful to at least learn a bit more about the country, and built up some sort of itinerary before I go.
I feel this little book will help me to do that.
on 26 April 2016
A great guide to Bulgaria
on 14 July 2014
Berliz a great little Pocket Guide to whet the appetite to an interesting under explored country
on 28 June 2013
Very helpful on my holiday I usually buy thisn particular book when I go on holiday and its just sufficient for a holiday.
on 4 June 2015
Ok
on 13 September 2014
Ok for a general overview.
on 8 January 2016
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse