`Berlitz Spanish Vocabulary' is a very simple, yet effective study aid. In a sturdy cardboard box you get 1000 cards with a Spanish word on one side and the English translation on the other. You can then work through the box and learn these words and test yourself periodically to refresh your knowledge and retention. Some small niggles are that I wish the box had room for you to pick out the cards easily, the box is so densely packed with the cards that it isn't the most accessible package. The spellings are in American English, which I hate!!! Also it would be useful if the cards were arranged by topic (rather than alphabetically, based on the Spanish translation) so that you can work through topic sections at a time. Finally it would be good if they provided a thick card marker that popped up slightly higher than the vocab cards so you know where you've reached in your studies. These are minor points that would improve an already good package. This would be good for classes, pair or small group study and is just as effective when you want to study alone as well. A worthy addition to your Spanish studies and the accompanying box of grammar cards from Berlitz are also worth considering.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 5 March 2009
The cards are a great addition to my Spanish studies. I can highly recommend them.
on 22 April 2015
I used these a few at a time in my pocket etc. to learn new vocab. Excellent buy if you like to learn this way.