on 9 July 2009
I bought this a few months ago, and I have found it useful (Though because I have just had my A levels and because I'm also learning Finnish, German and Icelandic I've not had much time to use it...) but a lot of words have been missed out. The Swedish vocabularly is about as wide as German, due to them being closely-related languages, aber this dictionary only has 16,000 entries, as does the Finnish one, so a lot of fun words have been missed out, and I can't help wondering whether those whom made this dictionary just thought "Aah, hardly anyone'll buy this anyway, let's not bother."
For the core und important words, it's good. and I'd recommend it, but for those who are looking for fun swear words, look elsewhere...I'd recommend the "Svensk-Engelsk/Engelsk-Svensk Ordbok" by the Svensk Bokförlagets.
on 28 January 2010
This is a very handy and well-made little book. Because of its size, there are limitations to definitions/examples, although there is quite a thorough grammatical overview at the back. I'd definitely not recommend this as your sole dictionary even if just beginning to learn Swedish, due to its limited content, but I'd certainly advise buying it as well as using more major resources.

It's an excellently made book with good quality pages and cover, very easy to use in terms of font, colour, and size, and it's lasted quite a while in my handbag without being damaged - the perfect sort of sturdy but small item you need for traveling in Sweden or swotting on journeys.
on 22 March 2015
I was expecting this book to be small and I wasn't expecting it to be comprehensive, and in that sense it delivers as a basic reference source. However, I have a problem with the small size of the text, which makes accents difficult to see and the Swedish letters "ä" and "å" almost indistinguishable. That, in itself, limits its usefulness for anyone learning the language.
on 6 January 2015
It is small so easy to shove in a backpack but of course that means small print. I was disappointed when visiting Swedish friends many words I wanted to translate weren't in it. I would advise spending a little more its incredibly frustrating not to be able to find the word you want
on 18 March 2010
I love this pocket dictionary! It is very user friendly thanks to the blue headwords and fit in any small pocket or bag. I had not expected to use it that much!
on 18 March 2012
I was really happy with my purchase of this dictionary, although I think I mis-interpreted "pocket size" as I was expecting it to be a bit bigger, not necessarily for my pocket, but for my schoolbag as I am doing A level Swedish. However, the level of detail in this dictionary is incredible considering its size and so for that reason I would highly reccomend this for travellers as it will easily fit in a woman's handbag or a man's shirt or trouser pocket.

on 4 May 2012
This is a handy pocket dictionary, but has a limit on the words it contains for those who may be fluent in Swedish; ideally, it is suitable for a beginner / learner of Swedish who just wishes to expand their vocabulary a little more. I bought it to slip into a bag when I am travelling!
on 31 January 2015
Helpful and handy when learning Swedish and understand new words. Can't expect a long description of the words but good enough if you want to understand the meaning. But I do find other Swedish-English free Apps are also as useful and handy when learning Swedish.
on 9 July 2011
I am learning Swedish at the moment and wanted a dictionary to work on my vocabulary. This pocket dictionary has 16000 core words as well as handy key phrases, simple grammar and instructions on telling the time and counting. a useful learning tool and travel aid.
on 5 January 2010
This is a standard English\Swedish and vice-versa with bits of grammar in. It does have a limited word selection, but it is perfect for the beginner.