on 1 January 2010
we loved the stories in our car, but they were a little complicated for our 5 year old! it will last for year though
on 14 December 2011
These Shakespeare stories and delightfully performed and the kids in my class loved them. Never mind the kids - I still enjoy to put them on in the car when I am on a long drive. Very easy to listen to and enjoy. A brilliant way to introduce Shakespeare to newbies or school children. So much better than seeing them in shortened form on animated tales, as it allows the children to form their own images and use their imagination.
on 31 March 2009
A Great introduction to Shakespeare for children. Play it in the car and interesting for whole family.
on 4 April 2014
short and sweet, I like this as it gives the basics of each play and makes it interesting. it saves reading the plays and becoming confused, when you listen to Shakespeare, it is easier to understand.
on 11 January 2011
This is not the Shakespeare plays adapted for children, it is people laying out the plot and story with EXCERPTS from the plays. I didn't realise this so sent it back without listening as that was not what I was after.
on 14 July 2014
My son (10) absolutely adored them. I would have liked a bit more of the original text but it seems like that level of quotes was actually sufficient. We listened to them in the car on our way to France and it kept both my children interested for a very long time... A good way to get young minds interested.
on 19 September 2015
my two (6/8 liked these but needed a lot of pausing with us explaining what was happening.
That said, it was nice for them to hear some of the original language used in the plays.
on 6 January 2014
Bought to help a child with reading difficulties so that they can take part when rest of the class are reading the books.
on 17 September 2015
I have all three of these, and they're stunning. Brilliant cast, superb readings, and nicely narrated.
on 24 February 2015
Excellent, my ten year old loves this.