on 12 October 2016
Kipling classic.

I purchased this one for my daughter yet read it first, she lives in a different age, with different authors, whereas I came from an age where this sort of book was read to you in excerpts (if you were really lucky) in school assembly ..a time when reading out loud to children was prominent within schooling, ...& boy did we love it, ..fed our book habits & helped those non readers along with knowledge & hopefully a desire to pick up a book now & again.

It stands the test of time, much like the jungle book! ...don't doubt it, just download it & re-live a great story well told. (a great one to follow up with for a child if you have had them reading the jungle book prior to this, coming from the same era & area it should be easy for a child to latch onto).
on 10 January 2017
A really nice short story of good versus evil, the downfall of the arrogant and little under dog using his instincts and guile to overcome a much more powerful foe.
on 8 June 2014
I read this to my nine year old daughter, and I'm not sure who enjoyed it more. There were moments where I had to stop reading to compose myself. I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who loves stories told from an animal's point of view and anyone who enjoys a fast paced, gripping story and everyone else...
on 20 May 2017
A fantastic short story.
on 10 April 2013
My children 10 , 7 and 5 all loved this book.

They can be a bit funny with the "classic" books as the antiquated language can be a little boring.

However this was a winner, the tales of rikki the cheeky mongoose certainly kept them amused!
on 12 March 2017
Excellent books
on 9 July 2013
Very good book with lots of description. I like Mongosse's, didn't know they killed snakes and I didn't know that snakes weak point is the back of the head.
on 3 October 2012
my happiest memories are times spent with my grandparents. one set taught me to cook & the other fueled my love of literature by reading the likes of Twain, Blyton, Tarka the Otter to name a few, but one of my faves was the endearing tale of a boy & his mongoose. the ultimate story of good vs evil and good triumphs. I never tire of this story.
on 4 May 2017
Nostalgic purchase for my husband - worth every penny.
on 22 January 2015
Just had to re read this from school days. A lovely book for all ages. Well worth reading enjoyed it