on 22 April 2014
What a gem of a book, we have just spent a long weekend in Antwerpen and found this book to be invaluable.
on 10 November 2016
As someone who lives in Antwerp, I'll say the book has been well researched and does contain something for everyone - the visitor and the resident. My only complaint would be that Derek Blyth, in his prose at least, comes off as a more mature gentleman trying to sound hip. Also,the hot-spots of Antwerp are forever changing so I would bear that in mind if you are visiting the city hoping to find everything as it is stated in the book. All in all, a good place to start for those looking to live like a local for a couple of days.
on 13 February 2015
The best Antwerp book we found before visiting- we went to a lot of the places later and they were all great finds and well worth the trip. The map however is pretty challenging- buy a separate actual map to help you navigate around! Although we found getting lost half the fun
on 2 November 2015
An excellent book, well researched and interesting local/cultural information. Presented in an easy to access style. Made the most of this book during our 5 day stay! Makes a joy of choosing from a variety of places to visit, recommendations and interesting neighbourhoods.
on 6 December 2014
Lively and well researched to make the most of the City on a longer stay
on 13 May 2015
Great for planning a trip, it help me plan mine
on 21 May 2015
The maps are almost useless (which is what guide books should be good for), and the reviews, like any, are a matter of taste. If you are living in Antwerp, or planning to stay for a month or two, maybe it's worth the price (to find the 5 best bikeshops, for example, or the five best independent record stores), but for a short trip, this book is not that useful.
I bought this to take with me on a 5-day trip to Antwerp. I might note down one or two addresses, but won't take it with me.
on 8 May 2016
Great guide book. Very stylish. You will need a separate map though!
on 6 October 2016
The best bar none. helped us discover the hidden parts of the city.
on 3 January 2017