on 23 June 2013
Me and my boyfriend have been to Amsterdam twice in the last couple years. The first time we took my dad's seriously old but seriously trusted edition of this. The second time we took this edition, published just in time. It's a great thing to take with you because, like Amsterdam, this guide is unconventional and honest. It tells you what you actually want to know and we took some great advice on places to eat and visit from this book, as well as doing your own research. Good for newbies and seasoned travellers alike, because no matter how many times you visit this place, you're bound to have missed something.
on 21 January 2016
I had an older version of this book and I used it for the last 4 trips I went on.

Sadly, as businesses so, a lot of them changed names or closed and the book was out of date.

So glad I've got an updated one. It's essential if you wanna avoid the tourist traps!
on 14 January 2013
This is a great book that I've bought over many editions. It's always useful and has the very best places to go in it and those to avoid too. I highly recommend it to both seasoned visitors and newbies alike 10/10
on 22 January 2013
Me and my boyfriend travelled to Amsterdam for the first time this year and found this book extremely helpful. Occasional spelling or grammatical error as it is obviously low budget but easy to read and digest :)
on 3 March 2016
Ok book with interesting comments. More of a reference to use for pre visit planning if you have time; less for using whilst in Amsterdam unless with another guide as the one map in this book is basic.
on 11 January 2014
A really simple, easy to read, useful and down to earth travel guide. Would deffo recommend to anyone travelling to amsterdam
on 24 May 2014
Great book, will come in handy for sure! Refreshingly written, not stuffy. Full of stuff you really want to know !
on 5 December 2015
Fantastic "alternative" look at amsterdam. A lot better than the mainstream guide books.