Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 26 March 2016
Moleskine Pocketbook
I have been using Moleskine Notebooks for the last couple of years after being introduced to them by my daughter. I have the A4 one for my daily "Bullet Journal" and a large one for my project planning. But I needed a small pocket one for when I go out to work. It needed to be small enough to put in my pocket, rugged enough to stand up to the rigours of our workshop environment and feel nice to write on.
For this job I had originally bought a cheaper hard backed version from a local stationers but within a short time the spine fell apart and the paper felt horrible and the hard back didn't squish into my pocket. So I bit the bullet and spent the not inconsiderable amount for a pocket notebook and bought a Moleskine. I knew with the Moleskine I was getting the quality I needed.
This pocket book with its soft cover is suitably pliable to fit in my pocket, the place holder is useful as I can quickly find where I need to be and the elastic that holds it shut has lasted well over the months I have used it, retaining pretty much all of the elasticity that it had when new. I like the sqaures as it makes it easy to keep notes in line and draw 'tick" boxes for lists. The paper feels smooth to write on. The only thing I dont like is that writing on the left side page with it being a smaller book can sometimes be not as comfortable as starting a fresh new page. So I tend to do my weekly "to do" on the right hand page and use the left side for brief notes refering to the week. I find that mosts tasks fit onto one page so I am using a two page spread per week. I haven't really used the small pocket on the inside back cover as it is not really big enough to put anything in although it is a feature of the Moleskine books. I would definitely buy another of these when I have filled this one.
on 10 December 2013
I prefert to use these notebooks to the ones that my employer usually purchases, mainly because they never seem to get squared books and I prefer the colour of the paper in these books. I find it far more comfortable on the eyes to be jotting things down in these books all day than on white paper, the squares also allow me to doodle as well (I doodle technical drawings). The cover on the book is hardwearing and also flexible so it is comfortable to carry around, it is also not too heavy. My only critisism is that the paper can be a little thin and sometime the ink from my pen will leach through the paper. This may be more of an issue with how long I hold my pen in place but marginally thicker paper may help with this and also enhance the overall feel of quality to the book.
on 13 September 2014
I bought this to do a bullet journal - that works so well. I love the squared paper and am using it at the front for the bullet journal and at the back to practise calligraphy. The paper is a little fine and for the writing practise you cant use both sides. For the bullet journal I use a V5 Hi-Tecpoint pen and find this doesn't bleed through the paper and the paper doesn't scratch with the 0.5 nib. I love the pocket at the back where I can store my pen, the elastic keeps the covers closed and my pen safe inside and it fits nicely into my work bag. There are plenty of pages so it should last a good long while. I intend to buy another coloured one for the calligraphy practise, one for keeping track of my card making items and perhaps one to keep in my stash for 'just in case' :)
VINE VOICEon 23 December 2013
God this is amazing.

I never realised I needed this in my life until I bought one, so practical and useful to carry round with you. In this day and age of smart phones and tablets you'd think a notebook would be on its way out but when you need something to jot a quick reminder down on or give out details to someone you can't start messing around for the app on your phone that you never really use and will forget about in 5 minutes flat - you need a piece of paper.

The quality of this item is fantastic and as the cover is soft and flexible it can happily live in your coat pocket without noticing it is there until you need it.

Invest in one today and never look back.
on 20 May 2017
I much prefer the soft covers, easy to slide into your pocket and don't dig in when you sit down. The pages are the usual moleskine quality. My Lamy fountain pen ink does just soak through very slightly onto the other side.
on 20 October 2015
I've had my fair share of horrible notebooks in the past that fall apart easily and was looking for a durable, long lasting one that looked good. This is such a good quality notebook and I hope it lasts me for years. I like to write all of my psychology notes in it. There's 192 pages made up of 23 lines on each page and this along with my Fisher space pen makes a great combination. Highly recommended to anyone.
on 18 April 2011
But I absolutely love it! I wondered, how can the cost make a simple lined book better? It's hard to explain why, but it just feels right when I write in it. I would definitely recommend the soft moleskin because it feels much better to me personally rather than a hard notebook because it feels more comfortable and I generally prefer the texture (I also purchased a moleskine sketchbook which is hard but I prefer this). My dad passed away recently and I wanted to be able to write his memories and funeral preparations in this book and it's been very useful to me. I've done my planning and drafts of my tribute, I've carried a prototype for the order of service in the pocket at the back of this Moleskine to show my family and I now keep some of the sympathy cards I received from my friends.Maybe it's because I've made this Moleskine have personal value, but it is absolutely priceless to me. I guess it really is how you use this Moleskine tha will depend on its effectiveness. For me it's done it's job well, but at the end of the day it is just a notebook. It's what you need it for and how you'll use it. I agree it seems pricey, but I was willing to pay that price for something nice to write about my dad in.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 November 2012
I have been using this size and type of notebook for some time now.

I love this size, just slightly smaller than an A4 sheet

I love the hard wearing wipe clean cover

I love the elastic closure which has stayed in perfect order in the year this notebook has been in use

I love the quality of the paper

I love the squared paper, (the notebook is also available ruled and unruled) but as I often sit down with clients and we look at solutions in the forms of tables or flow charts the squared paper is useful.

The ribbon to mark ones place is also very handy.

The pocket at the rear is very useful for holding notes passed in meetings and other bits and pieces.

In summary, this has to be one of the best Moleskin books on the market and Moleskin make the best note books.

It may look expensive (and it is) but the quality means it is worth every single penny.
on 18 January 2017
I have lots of different notebooks for a variety of purposes, but this one is a gem. This is the one, above all else, that can be stuffed into a back pocket and survive intact for a very long time. Its main use is to make quick notes as a supply/cover teacher on school lessons to be taught in the day. Other nuggets of info find themselves there too. Along with a small pocket diary and Staedtler pen, you have a very powerful set of tools that, in my opinion, far outweigh any smartphone or other electronic recording/retrieving device.
on 28 April 2017
Already a moleskin lover I bought this alongside my Filofax to be a rolling bullet journal/to do list. Perfect size to scribble a days worth on a page and love the squared paper so you can use it portrait or landscape. The book opens flat as well making it perfect for using at a desk.