on 27 January 2016
The first time I've been disappointed by a Moleskine notebook. I expected a more conventional size notebook, not a pocket sized notebook (my fault, should have checked the dimensions), however, while I understood there was room for notes, etc. I thought there'd at least be included a listing of major sites, museums, theatres, etc. There were none. No information regarding trains (although there is a route map for water buses) or any other type of public transportation. Also to mention, I was charged £12.50 and note that a day later the price is £3 cheaper. So with postage, I paid £16.50 essentially for a blank pocket sized notebook with a map. Disappointing. I could have bought myself a proper guidebook from any good book shop and written my notes in something much cheaper. I usually love Moleskines, but this was not worth the price. I'll be returning.
on 31 August 2011
I bought this in advance of a trip to Madrid, and it appears to have everything I could need.

There's a map of the metro, several pages of city maps (only the city centre, but I won't need much else) and then lots of pages for notes and scribbles. The notes pages are broken down by tabs, with seperate sections for food, drink, hotels, sights, etc, and a number of blank tabs so you can make your own dedicated sections. There's also a healthy number of blank pages, a section for names/addresses, a handy block of tracing paper, and a document pocket at the back for business cards and whatnot.

I think the real value in this will come from years of shared use with friends and family, as it's the perfect tome to build up your own travel guide. I'd happily shell out for the other city versions if/when I visit those places.
on 12 March 2013
Firstly this is by no means a guidebook, if you are looking for a quick travel guide for Seattle, I would recommend DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Seattle on http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1405360941/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_3
Secondly and more importantly, this is as best you can get to a notebook from the best in the notebook business Moleskine, you will find several useful of maps at the front and in the middle which is great for marking down where you been accompanied by useful contact notes and empty directory pages which you can fill in over time. What I really like are the transparent papers which you can stick over the map, creating your own routes or places of interest on the map which you van mark down on the pen. This is handy for points of interests or for marking down the best way to get somewhere. I wish there were more of these transparent papers for every map.
In addition to this, you will get several useful contact numbers for the city including tourist information, and emergency contact numbers, with lots of detachable pieces of paper although you probably wouldn't use these. The stickers however are a useful addition which you can stick to the customised directory pages, on the map or on the detachable slips.
The only reason why its a four star rather than a five star is that the maps could of covered more of the lesser known areas of Seattle, and perhaps stickers which could of catered specifically for the maps.
on 6 March 2018
The product is as described. I have had different city books and I really Wally’s like them. Is like making your own city guide as opposed to buying one. Arrived on time despite the bad weather.
on 9 May 2013
I have used moleskin travel books before and found the details you can add about a place before you arrive is invaluable. We were constantly seen using our home made guidebook and found some hidden gems, especially in the food areas. I have always liked the fact I could find and review a place or experience in the book, to constantly update the guidebook and as a record of frequent visits.

As a negative the book is very small and the maps can be quite hard to read, especially the water bus route map, but it does fit well in a handbag or pocket. Excellent quality as you would expect form a Moleskine.
on 14 August 2015
Brilliant product, cracking price on Amazon. Four stars as the pages are so fine, the pen shows through to the other side. On the other hand, the folk at Moleskine have managed to pack in a lot in a small package. Would definitely recommend.
on 10 July 2013
This is a great idea for a book. The maps are useful and the transparent overlays mean that you can draw on the map without permanently defacing anything. The metro map is out of date, they have re-organized how the lines run and this caused a problem trying to find the right train.
This needs to be used in conjunction with another source of data - there is no information other than the maps in here. I used the Rough Guide to Brussels and picked out the highlights to write in this book. I also put in travel times, train timetables and hotel information.
During the visit I collected a number of tickets, and I used this book as a scrapbook, so I now have a reminder of what I saw during my visit.
on 8 July 2017
It's a very Paris centric note book (which is why I purchased it), superb if your visiting Paris as the map section is fantastic, I can't fault it at all.
on 29 January 2014
A notebook with maps and tabbed pages. Simple, but I love this range. As always with moleskine hardback notebooks the cover is bulletproof and looks good no matter how you treat it. I use them to write notes before I go and refer to maps so I can plan trips. I then use part of it as a journal while I am there. They end up quite messy but also a complete record of my trips.
on 14 May 2013
Bought this as a gift for my OH to use on our latest trip to the Eternal City. Usual excellent quality as you would expect from Moleskine. My favourite feature in this book is the tracing paper pages that are laid over the maps to track routes taken on trips, plus the pocket for keepsakes. Buy one to record your holiday in this magical city.....

See one answered question