on 10 February 2014
I buy these notebooks every year, to use as a journal. I just haven't found anything better to store all of my thoughts, and the random little clippings and photos and such that I pick up and hoard each year.

The little pocket at the back is perfect for storing small bits of paper, but glue works really well on the paper itself, so you need only apply a little to stick things in if you prefer. It comes with some cute little ideas in the back of it, which is kinda nice.

The paper is awesome - it's kinda soft, makes my handwriting look neat (which is no easy feat!), and it's just the right colour so that you can see it in super bright light (so you can still scribble away during the summer). However if you are the kinda person that presses really hard on paper, this might not be the notebook for you, since the paper is too thin for that.

It's the perfect size for travelling, and fits into most bags as well as large coat pockets. The green is a nice touch too - my favourite colour!
on 11 May 2017
I use Moleskine notebooks all the time. They are well built, and being made with real, sewn signatures, they lie open when in use. The different colours available make it easy to colour-code all your different projects. The paper is of good quality, but maybe too thin for a free-flowing fountain pen. I use mostly pencils (graphite and coloured pencils), but gel ballpoints also work very well. I keep a page at the back labelled Pen Tests, to find out which pens work and which ones bleed through. The advantage of the thin paper is that you get a fairly thin notebook with a lot of pages in it, and personally, I am happy with the compromise.
on 27 February 2016
Lovely quality moleskin paper, as usual. I would expect nothing less from this brand. The green is very rich in colour and looks very expensive. I bought this for my boyfriend as he is a guitar teacher and the grid paper is very useful for chord diagrams. He absolutely loves it! I would highly recommend investing in a good pen to use with this book. Roughly the size of a kindle and fits nicely in his bag!
on 8 September 2015
As always Moleskine do exceptionally good notebooks. The paper is great for Pencil and I use this to write with on a day to day basis. Far smoother than a pen and not as messy as a fountain pen. There are only two really good manufacturers on the market ... this is Moleskine and Cartesio. I would say my preference is for Cartsio as their covers are not as hard. However they do cost even more and lack some of the moleskine features.
on 18 September 2016
As an avid moleskine fan, I have bought many of these. These particular books are great for sketching, not so much ink esp markers. if using ink you will need paper behind to stop it leaking through into back pages. However they do have an art paper version of this for those who ink but not available in so many colours unfortunately.
The more you use it, the more the spine gets a softer look and a little bit of wear, not in a bad way but it doesn't retain the shiny and new look but I like the look of the notebook when used and it is good quality so no falling apart.
on 27 June 2014
I wanted a moleskine for years after finally becoming certain that I would put my all into becoming a writer. This arrived and though at first, there was a bit of scepticism in 'but its only a notebook????', it is more than that. It's excellent quality, the size is handy enough to carry about and big enough to make decent length notes in, and I would ultimately recommend this to anyone. I love mine and it comes everywhere with me!
on 9 May 2016
As with all Moleskine products, this is well-made of quality materials.

My only (and rather large) issue with it is that the photo makes it look a pale/pastel lemon, whereas the product I received was virtually luminous! I'll be using it for work, and quite wanted a pretty pastel notebook, but I shall still keep this as I needed a notebook quickly. At least nobody will be able to say they thought it was theirs!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 5 February 2014
Let's be honest for a moment: until a reliable and accurate speech-to-text App comes along, no electronic device can even come close to the practicality of a paper notebook. And those classic-looking MOLESKINES are a good example of this.

I like the hard covers and the stylish elastic band. I like the rounded corners and the perfect size. I like the handy back inner pocket and the British green colour. And I certainly like the looks I get every time I pull it out my briefcase.

On the other hand, I would have liked the paper to be somewhat thicker, enough to be able to use both sides of the page without having to suffer ink sipping through. And I certainly would not mind paying more to get real leather covers.

It is still quite practical to use but it has to rely on its style to compensate for the manufacturing corners they decided to cut.