Customer reviews

1,258
Cahier Plain Pocket Journal: Pack (Brown)
Format: Journal|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 August 2016
This is a beautifully crafted pocket size hard cover plain notebook with a durable construction. It has a chunky and durable low-gloss medium grained hard cover that is kept firmly shut by an integrated elastic band on the back cover. Inside the notebook are nice and thick ivory coloured pages which are a pleasure to write and sketch heavily on without the problem of ink bleeding through. The first and last pages are noticeably thicker than the rest of the pages of the notebook. There is a handy braided ribbon bookmark that is secured very well into the notebook's spine. On the notebook's inner back cover is a useful gusseted pocket for keeping business cards, bank cards, cash, stamps or even that emergency condom.

The notebook comes with a narrow outer packaging sleeve with a mini log for travels, a quality control sticker, and a Moleskine information pamphlet.

Here's my YouTube video ([...]) unpacking and closeup look at the Moleskine pocket size hard cover plain notebook.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 27 February 2016
Lovely quality moleskin paper, as usual. I would expect nothing less from this brand. The green is very rich in colour and looks very expensive. I bought this for my boyfriend as he is a guitar teacher and the grid paper is very useful for chord diagrams. He absolutely loves it! I would highly recommend investing in a good pen to use with this book. Roughly the size of a kindle and fits nicely in his bag!
on 8 September 2015
As always Moleskine do exceptionally good notebooks. The paper is great for Pencil and I use this to write with on a day to day basis. Far smoother than a pen and not as messy as a fountain pen. There are only two really good manufacturers on the market ... this is Moleskine and Cartesio. I would say my preference is for Cartsio as their covers are not as hard. However they do cost even more and lack some of the moleskine features.
on 18 September 2016
As an avid moleskine fan, I have bought many of these. These particular books are great for sketching, not so much ink esp markers. if using ink you will need paper behind to stop it leaking through into back pages. However they do have an art paper version of this for those who ink but not available in so many colours unfortunately.
The more you use it, the more the spine gets a softer look and a little bit of wear, not in a bad way but it doesn't retain the shiny and new look but I like the look of the notebook when used and it is good quality so no falling apart.
on 18 September 2016
on 27 June 2014
I wanted a moleskine for years after finally becoming certain that I would put my all into becoming a writer. This arrived and though at first, there was a bit of scepticism in 'but its only a notebook????', it is more than that. It's excellent quality, the size is handy enough to carry about and big enough to make decent length notes in, and I would ultimately recommend this to anyone. I love mine and it comes everywhere with me!
on 5 February 2014
Let's be honest for a moment: until a reliable and accurate speech-to-text App comes along, no electronic device can even come close to the practicality of a paper notebook. And those classic-looking MOLESKINES are a good example of this.

I like the hard covers and the stylish elastic band. I like the rounded corners and the perfect size. I like the handy back inner pocket and the British green colour. And I certainly like the looks I get every time I pull it out my briefcase.

On the other hand, I would have liked the paper to be somewhat thicker, enough to be able to use both sides of the page without having to suffer ink sipping through. And I certainly would not mind paying more to get real leather covers.

It is still quite practical to use but it has to rely on its style to compensate for the manufacturing corners they decided to cut.
VINE VOICEon 6 August 2014
Moleskine- the book of artists, philosophers and writers. Small and practical, with enough space for your wildest thoughts. Poetry aside, here's my review. I do like the size of the book, it's small enough to slip in my bag, and the elastic loop keeps the pages of the book together in the ebb and flow of detritus that is my bag. The book marker is practical, because I can mark pages wherever I need to. I bought the quadrilled version (the grid like squares on the pages) because I find that they force me to write more legibly. I dig it. There's a small paper pouch to the back where you can put things like receipts or little keepsakes that you tend to gather to you on holiday.

My only drawback is that I wish the paper was a bit thicker. I do like to write with fountain pens, but the paper is just thick enough for the ink not to bleed through. Juuuuust about. In addition, I think the binding is starting to shift (ach, when stuff is made in China, I guess). That being said, I'm satisfied with my purchase.
on 31 July 2016
I love it but it is expensive. My work always required a notebook but in all my years and scores of notebooks I have never owned one by Moleskine. I have always resisted due to the price but I thought I would experience one. I must say that it is quite tactile, with its rounded corners, page ribbon and elastic closure.
The paper is acid free but a little thin for anything that lays down a lot of ink.
However, I might be taking a look in Asda now, having read Crookedmouth's excellent review. ;)
on 8 March 2017
It's a moleskine book - enough said. The person who received as a present uses it every day and loves the quality of the paper.