Customer reviews

1,238
Format: Journal|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 August 2016
This is a beautifully crafted pocket size hard cover plain notebook with a durable construction. It has a chunky and durable low-gloss medium grained hard cover that is kept firmly shut by an integrated elastic band on the back cover. Inside the notebook are nice and thick ivory coloured pages which are a pleasure to write and sketch heavily on without the problem of ink bleeding through. The first and last pages are noticeably thicker than the rest of the pages of the notebook. There is a handy braided ribbon bookmark that is secured very well into the notebook's spine. On the notebook's inner back cover is a useful gusseted pocket for keeping business cards, bank cards, cash, stamps or even that emergency condom.

The notebook comes with a narrow outer packaging sleeve with a mini log for travels, a quality control sticker, and a Moleskine information pamphlet.

Here's my YouTube video ([...]) unpacking and closeup look at the Moleskine pocket size hard cover plain notebook.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 10 February 2014
I buy these notebooks every year, to use as a journal. I just haven't found anything better to store all of my thoughts, and the random little clippings and photos and such that I pick up and hoard each year.

The little pocket at the back is perfect for storing small bits of paper, but glue works really well on the paper itself, so you need only apply a little to stick things in if you prefer. It comes with some cute little ideas in the back of it, which is kinda nice.

The paper is awesome - it's kinda soft, makes my handwriting look neat (which is no easy feat!), and it's just the right colour so that you can see it in super bright light (so you can still scribble away during the summer). However if you are the kinda person that presses really hard on paper, this might not be the notebook for you, since the paper is too thin for that.

It's the perfect size for travelling, and fits into most bags as well as large coat pockets. The green is a nice touch too - my favourite colour!
on 22 October 2016
This is a beautiful little notebook that I've started my mini bullet journal in very successfully. I wanted something I could carry around with me all day and this suits very well without being too small to write decent things in. The dots make it very easy to draw lines and make it your very own unique book and the insert bit at the back is brill for keeping business cards/extra notes for writing up. Thanks!
on 16 June 2016
I use Moleskine notebooks every day. What's to say? I use the different colours (never had this one before) to colour-code my work. Fountain pens tend to bleed through the thin Moleskine paper ... make the paper thicker and you increase the thickness and weight of the product. It's all a compromise, and I am happy with Moleskine's design decisions. I use mostly pencils in my notebooks. If you have not used Moleskines before, get a little pocket one to use to test all your writing equipment. I really like the way the notebook is bound in small signatures, which stay open and lie flat. Very sturdy and durable (but wouldn't resist a chewing dog or other Major Incidents: it's a notebook).
on 11 May 2017
I use Moleskine notebooks all the time. They are well built, and being made with real, sewn signatures, they lie open when in use. The different colours available make it easy to colour-code all your different projects. The paper is of good quality, but maybe too thin for a free-flowing fountain pen. I use mostly pencils (graphite and coloured pencils), but gel ballpoints also work very well. I keep a page at the back labelled Pen Tests, to find out which pens work and which ones bleed through. The advantage of the thin paper is that you get a fairly thin notebook with a lot of pages in it, and personally, I am happy with the compromise.
on 27 February 2016
Lovely quality moleskin paper, as usual. I would expect nothing less from this brand. The green is very rich in colour and looks very expensive. I bought this for my boyfriend as he is a guitar teacher and the grid paper is very useful for chord diagrams. He absolutely loves it! I would highly recommend investing in a good pen to use with this book. Roughly the size of a kindle and fits nicely in his bag!
on 8 September 2015
As always Moleskine do exceptionally good notebooks. The paper is great for Pencil and I use this to write with on a day to day basis. Far smoother than a pen and not as messy as a fountain pen. There are only two really good manufacturers on the market ... this is Moleskine and Cartesio. I would say my preference is for Cartsio as their covers are not as hard. However they do cost even more and lack some of the moleskine features.
on 18 September 2016
As an avid moleskine fan, I have bought many of these. These particular books are great for sketching, not so much ink esp markers. if using ink you will need paper behind to stop it leaking through into back pages. However they do have an art paper version of this for those who ink but not available in so many colours unfortunately.
The more you use it, the more the spine gets a softer look and a little bit of wear, not in a bad way but it doesn't retain the shiny and new look but I like the look of the notebook when used and it is good quality so no falling apart.