TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 September 2016
For just over £6, these A6 notepads are quite expensive and hard to justify a purchase when there are substitutes available which look and feel VERY similar to this - but are cheaper. However, there is just something about Moleskine notepads which hooks me in. Once I made the initial plunge and bought an A5 Moleskine, I never looked back - and couldn't help but purchase this little notebook.

My intention was to keep this in one of my pockets (either on my legs or in my jacket) so that it's easily accessible whenever a bright idea pops into mind. For that purpose, and jotting down little things which you might forget, it's really useful. There's something about having a dedicated 'space' where you can just throw your ideas down which makes them flow a little easier than if you're throwing it into the back of a multi-purpose book.

But yeah. It's expensive. But it is high-quality stuff. For a student, I think something like this is invaluable to have around. 5/5 would recommend.

One little note: the pages are NOT lined.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 22 August 2015
This is a lovely rich dark cherry colour, rather than a 'girly' pink. The elastic closure, bookmark ribbon and even the edges of the back pocket are all colour-coded to match. It looks very smart and distinctive.

If you aren't familiar with the Moleskine range, then I would recommend having a look at one in real life before ordering, as they are not to everyone's taste. The paper is light cream rather than pure white, and is thinner than other brands (it feels like 70 gsm - slightly lighter than photocopier paper). I rather like this, as it allows a 240 page book to be only 1cm thick (approximately). On the other hand, it means that you can't use a fountain pen or felt-tip as the ink would bleed through the pages. Secondly, the dimensions may be too compact for some (13 x 21 cm, or slightly narrower than A5). Again, I'm a long-time user of the range and very happy with the size, but do check before buying if this is not clear.
on 11 May 2017
I use Moleskine notebooks all the time. They are well built, and being made with real, sewn signatures, they lie open when in use. The different colours available make it easy to colour-code all your different projects. The paper is of good quality, but maybe too thin for a free-flowing fountain pen. I use mostly pencils (graphite and coloured pencils), but gel ballpoints also work very well. I keep a page at the back labelled Pen Tests, to find out which pens work and which ones bleed through. The advantage of the thin paper is that you get a fairly thin notebook with a lot of pages in it, and personally, I am happy with the compromise.
on 29 April 2017
The paper is thin and very smooth, perfect for inking and regular drawing. I love it. The paper in regular moleskines is too nice for me, I get intimidated and feel as if I have to make an amazing drawing every time I use it. This on the other hand, is perfect for casual sketching. The size is also very handy, not too small to draw on, but fits in a smaller bag.
on 16 June 2016
I use Moleskine notebooks every day. What's to say? I use the different colours (never had this one before) to colour-code my work. Fountain pens tend to bleed through the thin Moleskine paper ... make the paper thicker and you increase the thickness and weight of the product. It's all a compromise, and I am happy with Moleskine's design decisions. I use mostly pencils in my notebooks. If you have not used Moleskines before, get a little pocket one to use to test all your writing equipment. I really like the way the notebook is bound in small signatures, which stay open and lie flat. Very sturdy and durable (but wouldn't resist a chewing dog or other Major Incidents: it's a notebook).
on 22 October 2016
This is a beautiful little notebook that I've started my mini bullet journal in very successfully. I wanted something I could carry around with me all day and this suits very well without being too small to write decent things in. The dots make it very easy to draw lines and make it your very own unique book and the insert bit at the back is brill for keeping business cards/extra notes for writing up. Thanks!
on 8 January 2016
I used to sneer at Moleskin product. I went into the shop in Covent garden and saw what appeared to be cheaply made notebooks being aimed at undiscriminating yuppies. But I was actually wrong. The books do their job really well. As for the price - just hunt round every few months and someone is bound to be selling these bundles of three at a quid or less.

Also beware of postage costs. This particluar Amazon listing charges postage for every item ordered. So buying three at once ups the postage by three times. So it seems likely that the real cost is buried in the charges.
on 28 January 2016
I am an English Language student and I feel naked without a good journal or writing pad to my side. Previously I have found Pukka Pad writing pads and journals to be quite good.

Moleskine appear to be very well praised for their journals- I am happy with this product.

Arrived in two days.

The Moleskine I received is not what appears in the product picture which looks as if it has some light coloured pattern, but rather it is plain black with a subtly leather look and feel. I prefer blank pages, and especially creamy coloured blank pages.

I am using either a ball point Parker pen or a Uniball Jetstream 0.7. The paper is smooth to write on (considering you also have a good pen, I've heard that Moleskine paper may not be as friendly with a fountain pen. Look it up). There is 'ghosting', where the writing can be seen on the next page. I have no qualms with this but some people may do, so it's worth mentioning.

In the back of the notebook is a pocket to keep stray sheets of paper or whatnot. Handy, I use these often with other notebooks.

Over all, good size and it's quite comfortable to write in, it lays rather flat and does not fight back when you lay it flat to write. I am very particular with my journals as I often intend to keep them for a long time (a year or so) and they often contain important ideas and plans.

I am not intending to join the Moleskine fan club that I see on the net where people will swear and live by the name as if it provides them oxygen- I am simply only interested in a functional product. This is a nicely made notebook and I am happy to pay the price I paid as it does not feel cheap at all.

Edit: Since writing this review I have began to use a Uni Pin fine line 0.5 pen. It is a good compliment to the Moleskine paper, smooth action that glides, doesn't blotch or bleed, nor show through the page anymore than a regular ballpoint.

Edit 6/2/16: The book mark ribbon is starting to fray quite a bit. My Pukka pad's bookmark didn't after a yer of use.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 February 2016
Lovely quality moleskin paper, as usual. I would expect nothing less from this brand. The green is very rich in colour and looks very expensive. I bought this for my boyfriend as he is a guitar teacher and the grid paper is very useful for chord diagrams. He absolutely loves it! I would highly recommend investing in a good pen to use with this book. Roughly the size of a kindle and fits nicely in his bag!
on 18 September 2016
As an avid moleskine fan, I have bought many of these. These particular books are great for sketching, not so much ink esp markers. if using ink you will need paper behind to stop it leaking through into back pages. However they do have an art paper version of this for those who ink but not available in so many colours unfortunately.
The more you use it, the more the spine gets a softer look and a little bit of wear, not in a bad way but it doesn't retain the shiny and new look but I like the look of the notebook when used and it is good quality so no falling apart.