Format: Diary|Change

on 14 July 2013
Over the last year I have been trying to go "paperless", and have been busy scanning the contents of my filing cabinets. The crunch has come however with taking notes at meetings. I thought that an ipad would solve my problems, but I have found that taking notes is impossible using the screen keyboard, and very inefficient using a stylus. I have tried several different makes of styli but to no avail. This notebook represents a good compromise because you get a decent quality, professional looking notebook for a few pounds more than the standalone cost of an Evernote premium subscription. It is not as elegant as direct note taking on an iPad, but for me at least, an old fashioned notebook is more acceptable for small meetings. I don't have to spend time justifying an expensive electronic device, or fend off suspicions that I am secretly recording the meeting. The moleskine allows you to be a geek, but in private! The handwriting recognition works pretty well even on my scrawl, and it seemed that my notes became searchable pretty quickly. I haven't done exhaustive testing but it did seem that my notes were processed quicker in Evernote via the premium account than via the free account. Some will argue that you could just take a photo of your notes for Evernote, or scan them using something like a scansnap. I agree, and in fact that is exactly what I used to do. But I found the overall package of a high quality notebook and the Evernote premium subscription to be great value combination.
on 14 April 2013
I do like Moleskine books but others don't. If you don't, then don't buy this.

If you do however, and are looking for integration to evernote then this is worthy of the extra expense since you get 3 months premium access included (worth between £9-10).

Taking pictures of the pages with the evernote app and phone camera is fiddley and images are not as good as cutting out the pages and scanning them with a scanner, but they do come out clearly readable which is really the main point of this.

I would buy again.
on 31 July 2016
As a Moleskine product this is great! As most Moleskine's are. It is well bound and looks good - the pattern on the outside is particularly pleasing to the touch.

The integration with Evernote is where it is let down. Taking photos is a bit niggly as it is hard to get the page flat which means that you end up with a slightly skewed picture. When this is then digitised it ends up a little off and my nice neat, inside the lines, writing is now a bit outside the lines and slopey. The stickers as tags are a bit gimmicky but they do their job.

Overall I do like it.

Compared with the Livescribe solution and using their Moleskine notebook I would say this isn't quite as good. But it is cheaper! Four Stars!
on 5 August 2013
I love the Moleskine range for my sketching and artwork and now they've introduced me to Evernote! I haven't stopped using the book for my artwork and am now a big fan of Evernote,which I seem to be using for everything! Very pleased. :@)
on 1 September 2015
Excellent product if you use Evernote. Despite the EN being a great app for taking notes, sometimes nothing cuts it like a quick, handwritten note. This is ideal for that. Once scanned you can search across your notes as if they were digital to begin with. You also get 3 months of EN premium with the notebook
on 10 June 2013
If you like the look and feel of Moleskine notebooks this will do you fine. To be honest I could do without the rather crazy Evernote embossing on the cover, but I guess it at least it ensures that I don't pick-up a standard Moleskine instead.
on 15 February 2014
I have been using evernote for a while now and my original intention was to go completely paperless. By and large I have managed this but there are just times when a pen and paper is easier than typing on a phone or notebook. I had seen the moleskine notebooks and loved the idea but delayed buying for a long time as the android evernote app did not support the page camera. Capturing written notes to evernote is easy and I can search them and it finds them at least some of the time. To be fair, I could probably do the same thinkg with a normal notebook but I just like the design of the Moleskine. And as a side effect, I have started caturing more different documents to evernote using the page camera since using it for this notebook. If you use evernote, but you still want to write notes occasionally and you want something that looks a bit nicer than a standard notebook, then this is great.
on 27 July 2015
Up until now I have regularly purchased the ruled Evernote notebook, but this time I plumped for the squared edition. Much better: I kinda scale down my scribbles to fit the squares so tend to get much more on a page!

I don't tend to use Evernote app much now so the Premium subscription is a bit of a bonus. That said, I just love this Moleskine notebook: from the nicely designed and embossed hard cover to the smart and distinctive green-coloured page marker and hold-closed band. I do just so wish it had a pen loop built in, to buy them separately adds a few quid to an already expensive (albeit smart) proposition.
on 24 September 2014
Good value! Great quality!
Paper quality is superb to write on.
With the Evernote membership this is cheaper than a Moleskine and equivalent period of membership, even if you don't use the Evernote page camera and stickers.
on 7 May 2013
In many ways, this doesn't really do that much beyond what a "normal" Moleskine will do, the Evernote aspect comes from the sticker pack included.

The pages are designed to be optimal for Evernote's image to text feature, and adding stickers means when you take a picture of the page it can auto tag it (Configured in the mobile app) - So nothing that couldn't be done with the stickers alone, but it's a nice touch if you capture a lot of notes on the pages and want to keep them in Evernote.

Also, at the time of writing it comes with 3 months of Evernote Pro, which is worth £12 alone.

So if you use Evernote and you use Moleskine notebooks this is a no brainer and certainly worth a try to see if the capture enhancements work for you.