Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 February 2014
I work with Marchetti's Legacy of the Divine tarot on a daily basis and they have been the only cards that 'speak to me' until now.

I have bought so many decks of tarot that have been disappointing but this deck is truly beautiful. Lovely detail and the colours are amazing. Only one thing about that though. I do find them a little too 'busy'. For instance, with the Legacy of the Divine Tarot, the colours of the cards alone give off a feeling. E.g. when a spread contains many swords cards and the 8 of cups and other dull, blue colours, you can actually see the problems, the anxiety etc compared to the more positive cards of wands and pentacles. With these every card is vibrant which is nice but you have to really look at them to distinguish the negatives and the positives among them. however, they are still great to read with. A real treat for the eyes.

I like them a nice change for me from time to time.

The card quality is very good. I put this deck next to my Marchetti deck and it was almost 50% higher. This is because the card used is stiffer and good quality. The edges are nicely gilded too. They are nice to handle and feel like quality. So many decks these days are made of flimsy card stock but I would think these are over 200gsm at least. In fact, the first few times I used them I had to check that there were not two cards stuck together as they seemed so thick!

The box they come in is also nice. It has a magnetic fastening to one side. even the box gives off an air of quality.

The book gives just one page per card. Two thirds of the page give the fools journey story part of the card concerned and the remainder is a brief idea of its meaning. I personally felt it could have been a bit heftier on the interpretations. If you are a beginner, you would struggle with this accompanying book. For a well versed tarot reader, it is of little use too really.

All in all, these cards are good quality, nice images, handle well but the book lets it down a little. Definitely a deck for an experienced reader.
on 21 September 2013
I am really not sure what to make of this deck, I have to add before I review that the cards are amazing quality and the box they come in is simply stunning but the cards are very, very busy. The images & colour is of high quality and the card quality is great but they are just so busy! I read Tarot professionally & I will use these but they may prove to be hard to concentrate on due to all the images being stuck into one card. Overall great cards and I would suggest you try them
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2017
This deck and the apokalipsis are the strongest decks i have. They r very strong indeed and i really like that. I like the golden sides and the art and colours r simply amazing. I do feel however that theres too many colours. For me it becomes a bit confusing when doing spreads. I highly recommend it. Great deck indeed.
on 13 September 2017
Takes some getting use to but once you get the hang of this deck you fall in love with it. Been having some good readings with this as I am still a beginner but it's different and good.
on 9 October 2017
Excellent quality. Very happy
on 21 May 2017
Perfect Delivery and the tarot is absolutely gorgeous!
on 28 May 2017
gr8 pack
on 23 August 2017
Beautiful cards!
on 18 January 2014
I bought this deck mainly because they're so attractive in the colours, artwork itself & gilt edges which are truly beautiful.

They follow the Rider-Waite style though with these cards they are jam packed with intricate details & overall generally very "busy" cards.
The suits are different in that they are split into different "cultural" inspired environments so Pentacles=Oriental,
Wands=Persian, Swords=Tudor/Elizabethan & Cups=Magical

Therefore if you want or are used to tarot cards that are plain & simple, that have a complete running/set theme then these are probably not for you.

The only disappointing thing for me about these cards are the overall finish.
As a reader over time all cards will eventually have wear & tear but sadly these will be suffer more quickly as they do not seem to have that extra protective film/coating that many decks do.
on 24 July 2017
Beautiful deck of tarot cards. The same symbolism as the rider smith deck. The tarot cards have been made using a new type of photographic technology so each card appears more vibrant and gives one a ,"real life" look due to the imagry. It comes with a large companion book and this deck has people from many ethnicities. Which is ideal for those who are looking for a more modern, versatile deck. I highly recommend this deck.
review imagereview image