on 26 November 2011
I've had cables at £10 a metre, I've had cables at £100 a metre, I've even had cables at £500 a metre. You know what? Save your money. Nothing else at any price comes close to this Van Damme cable. Whether you choose 2.5mm, 4mm or 6mm, it's all excellent through and through.

The BBC use this for all their speaker hook ups, and when you use it you'll understand why. Absurdly good quality, no flannel, no guff, just a decent product at an alarmingly sensible price.

Don't hesitate, just get the amount you need and hook it up and sit back with a huge smug grin on your face. :0)
8 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 September 2012
As the title says. No pretence, no marketing rubbish, just a very high quality cable. This thickness is fine for the lengths you'd be using in the home. The sound is very natural, everything has great clarity and without a hint of harshness.

Very well made cable, is thicker than it appears in the photo and has plenty of copper strands.

Don't waste your money on more expensive cables, you really, really don't need to. Put that money towards better speakers or a DAC or something that will actually add something to your sound.
6 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2013
hi it was posted one day came the new very happy with service like that thanks will be back .
One person found this helpful
on 16 January 2015
good alround
on 17 December 2010
Let me start by saying I dont consider myself an audiophile, however, I do know what sounds good and what doesn,t. I bought this speaker cable for my Kenwood seperates to attach some Wharfedale Diamond speakers. It is very good quality cable and you dont really have to spend any more than this for good quality sound. With hi-fi, the difference between a cheap all-in-one system and good quality seperates and speakers ( like mine or similar ) is enormous. The difference between a system like mine and one costing 4 or 5 times as much again is marginal. It is exactly like this with cable-once you get past very good quality, it gets very expensive for no or very little discernable difference.
One person found this helpful
on 16 October 2014
Difficult to remove outer insulation if you need more copper showing to connect to your device.
on 15 October 2011
This is quality cable in build and SQ. Audio Visual Online are one of the best Hifi sellers on Amazon.

This cable has made a great difference to my hifi. Much better than QED Silver Anniversary XT.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 July 2012
I noticed a couple of people had said that this cable makes no difference over cheap thin cable and was put off buying it for about a week. However, in the end I decided to risk it since I was only getting 4 metres.
My situation was that I'm in the UK for about 6 months and I got my "spare" hifi bits out of storage which comprise an old basic Dual 505 turntable, a good amp - a Rotel RA930BX, and a pair of old Mission 70 bookshelf speakers wired up with the QED 42-strand cable. This set up sounded so tinny compared to my system in Australia (Technics 1210/an identical Rotel 930BX/Castle Durham speakers with QED 79 strand cable) that I honestly couldn't be bothered to listen to it for more than a few minutes at a time. Now the Dual may not be an audiophile deck but I didn't remember it being quite so flat and tinny, the amp I've always been happy with, and while QED 42 strand is cheap, it's still meant to be hi-fi(ish).
I'd never particularly liked the Missions (they were my father's) so I figured that they were the problem and bought a pair of s/h Tannoy Mercurys for £50. This improved the sound to some extent but it was still both unexciting and tiring and again I found myself switching off after a few minutes. I then thought the Dual must be the weak link as I'd got used to listening to the Technics deck, and since then I've been checking ebay for a better quality s/h deck as well as an equalizer.
In the meantime, I thought I may as well give this cable a go. It arrived today and well basically it's done everything I hoped it might do i.e. the bass is much fuller and the harshness has gone off the the treble - it feels comfortable listening to my records again! I would happily have spent another £100 on other components to achieve this!
OK, trying to be factual about all this, my conclusion will be limited to saying that this cable (2x2.5mm Blue) is a huge improvement on QED 42 strand in terms of adding bass and reducing the harshness of the treble and thereby sounding much more natural. My set up is not an audiophile set up, so I don't know if it would improve on other more expensive cables, but I will NEVER again listen to anyone saying cables don't make a difference. Hope this helps.
9 people found this helpful
on 30 October 2011
Just bought some Van Damme Blue 2.5mm thick cable after they were recommended on some AV forum. Please don't buy these expecting an improvement in sound quality and don't listen to the so-called experts on forums who say they can detect a difference.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE between this and some cheap, thin (less than 1mm) cables that were included with a £30 speaker and amp set that i previously purchased. It's all marketing BS meant for the gullible. I only discovered the truth after i compared the sound quality from the two cables myself.
3 people found this helpful
|66 Comments|Report abuse
on 16 March 2012
Despite claims made in other reviews and the opinion of the experts I noticed absolutly no difference between this cable and the skinny little cable that I had been using. My hifi is a Denon and my speakers are wharfdale diamonds so it's decent equipment which should show up any differences. Still worth a try for the money-but i think these audiofiles make a song and dance about these things to give themselves something to talk about.
6 people found this helpful