on 8 May 2017
This book is very good. It is suitable for both beginner and advanced students. I was impressed with the fact that it started with exercises for beginners that are often not covered in other yoga books. These really basic exercises prepare the beginners for the main poses, and saves them struggling to get into the basic poses for lack of fundamental flexibility. The book goes on to advanced levels via a progressive system. I bought this as a kindle version, but am so impressed that I will be buying the printed version also.
on 31 October 2016
Great book! Wish I had bought it in paperback though instead of Kindle but bought for whilst doing a Yoga teacher training course in India, Id not planned to do it so had no study materials with me. Kindle is so so great for situations like that, totally saved the day!
This book is super and contains so much great information for the student of yoga.

Highly recommend.
on 5 August 2017
This book is a very comprehensive instruction in yoga, starting from the most basic exercises that, though easily ignored generally are essential to a good beginning foundation upon which to build up to the more advanced practices. A good manual with progressive stages to work with
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 January 2018
A very well written set of instructions that are easy to understand and execute. Sufficient cautionary texts to highlight when certain practices should not be done. This manual should be used in conjunction with the different wall chatrs for clarification and easy referende.
on 1 November 2013
I could only recommend this book. I'm a Asana/Meditation teacher myself and I use this book ALL THE TIME. It's got everything in it. Where to put you spiritual and physical awareness, the mantras, the steps, the benefits, the contra indications... A MUST HAVE.
on 29 July 2014
This book is very comprehensive, step by step guide for beginners to intermediate. I would highly recommend this book to any yoga student to be used at home and as reference guide to further your knowledge and practice yoga. I am so glad I purchased this book, I have bought it for friends and recommended..and I use it daily as a guide and practice the exercises home.
on 3 April 2017
The Best Ever Book written on Yoga
on 3 June 2013
I have been practising yoga for some years but have only recently become interested in looking beyond the physical poses, so I asked my yoga teacher to recommend something to read. This book explains the history and philisophy of yoga in a clear and concise way and also describes the asanas (poses) with clear illustrations. It is a good book to dip in and out of. Also the main chapters are marked with black ink on the side of the book making it easy to locate them. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to explore beyond the yoga taught in the average fitness class.
on 27 November 2017
It is "The Manual" of yoguis.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 April 2017
I bought this as a present for my daughter as she is training to teach yoga. She was delighted with the book & has recommended it to her fellow students.