on 22 September 2017
Interesting book esp as loosely based on real life
on 1 October 2017
Good for candyfloss for the brain.
on 16 October 2017
A well written book and really funny.
on 20 March 2010
The 3 mistakes of my life is the story of 3 young men living in Ahmadabad in Gujarat, India. There's the business man, the, not quite, cricket star and the lovable thicko. They have the mad idea to open a cricket shop in the middle of town.
The story tells of the difficulties the lads have to deal with including natural disaster, religious differences and forbidden love.
Wonderfully written. Great read. Good insight into living in India in modern times.
Loved it.
on 28 July 2010
Read this if you enjoy reading about contemporary India, its pains and its joys.
The book is about 3 young people in Ahmedabad. The style is very lucid and provides for easy reading. The story relies heavily on incidents during some religious riots in Ahmedabad to provide a backdrop to the plot, but thankfully does not take a position either way - which is refreshing.
The end was probably not as dramatic as the story itself, but on the whole I would recommend this book.
on 14 October 2011
This is the first CB book I've read and it was an enjoyable read. I enjoy books which use the Indian backdrop and this book makes you feel part of the story. Want to read one of hs other books now.
on 21 January 2013
In a year of travelling and therefore a LOT of book reading, this was both mine and my husbands favourite book ...and we have no interest in cricket either!
This is a bit "slumdog millionaire"
on 25 April 2016
I found this interesting I liked the way that you could hear the writers prose and it was distinctively Indian. I actually felt that I learned a lot about India from this clearly the writer loves his country and cricket. I would recommend especially if you like books which immerse you in a different environment.
on 13 August 2011
This is the first book I read by Chetan Bhagat, and it is truly a brilliant read! Initially quite slow and you need to get used to the style of writing but the plot and storyline is fantastic, you read about the 'real' India and the relationships between friends. Love the way as the characters unfold, very gripping and a must read!
on 31 August 2016
I loved reading this - the story was engrossing and the perspective interesting . I must admit the sections on cricket didn't work for me but I totally get the obsession with it . The ending was phenomenal .