Customer reviews

on 25 November 2009
Yes the ideology within the book is simplistic, but as one reviewer has stated: it is easy to forget these things. Either you are a "Vitale" fan or not. I really enjoy this author's work, he really does care about the reader and it shows when you read his books.
VINE VOICEon 10 September 2007
Brilliant. As you read you may be tempted to say that it is all too simplistic and full of commonsense so what is the point. But, you see, that is the whole point. Most of it is common sense and we overlook that in trying to look for something that is complicated. If anything this should make you all realise that you have the answers for your life. The book should make you laugh and be happy. You are special and you now know it. Rejoice in your own specialness. The next book to come out will be yours. Joe Vitale is not doing anything that you cannot do.
Joe Vitale's life manual is packed with his highly personal brand of new-age wizardry and inscrutable passages from other modern day self-help philosophers. With aphorisms, maxims and fables on ideas and subjects ranging from sex, food and forgiveness to personal finance, taxes, purpose in life and how to handle death, he proffers a broad, mixed bag of advice - some he wrote and some he anthologizes - with a touch of humor and a dash of preachiness. Rather than presenting a singular world view or moral system, Vitale combs popular self-help best sellers, consults some sweeping religious concepts, and synthesizes their teachings with his own insight. The resulting book is at times quite sharp and smart, and at times simplistic and sentimental. We recommend it to those who are seeking meaning in their lives and peace in their relationships. Vitale offers enough diverse insights, both familiar and fresh, that some of them are bound to apply - if only to spur your thinking.
on 19 December 2010
You either love him or hate him, but you cannot take anything away from Mr Vitale in how he maximises the potential in any situation. In this book he draws on other successful people, quotes them and reminds us of what we should be concentrating on in order to make our lives they way we want them to be. Well done, Mr Vitale, an excellent book.
on 28 March 2006
Great book. We actually really already know these instructions. It is a great summary, also referenced to and written by other authors/speakers/coaches. The key to it all is the follow through, really doing the instructions given. The action. This is with all 'these books', but this one strikes me as simple yet profound. I started yesterday, and things are shifting by taking small action steps. Read it over and over...there is always something you have not mastered, tried or completed.
on 15 March 2009
The book is very easy to be read, clear and helpful. A nice tool for self-improvement. To me, it was a source of inspirations for my training on communication skills and coaching.
on 8 November 2011
Life's Missing Instruction Manual: The Guidebook You Should Have Been Given at Birth

Excellent simple well written book, small enough to carry round. Excellent.
on 25 September 2011
This book has been very motivating to me, it helped bring me out of depression and i have advised a friend of mine to purchase this book.
on 31 August 2013
I am surprised to see so few reviews for this fabulous book. It is indeed 'Life's Missing Instruction Manual' and I for one, should most definitely have been given it at birth! I have owned this book for about 3 years and I constantly dip in and out of it for inspiration. If I am ever feeling a bit low, I simply read a few extracts from the book and immediately feel inspired. Many people buy self-help-type books or other non-fiction and start reading enthusiastically but fail to finish them (I'm sure it's not just me who does this). The beauty of this book lies in the fact that you can just dip in and out reading extracts that take your fancy. I didn't read the book in any order at all. The contents are all common sense really but it's amazing how you forget to use your common sense so much of the time. I absolutely love this book and would recommend it to anyone...
on 6 May 2016
A great book to read to reiterate the many truths you already knew but may have somehow forgotten. What I like about it is it's very down-to-earth and funny in places. It's good to know that you are on the right track because this is universal wisdom and can be applied to everyone's life.