I remember using this as a student. My absolute go-to book for English grammar and composition. This was back in India. I was looking for a similar book here in England. Looked high and low but could not find a book at any of the High Street book shops or online that could hold a candle to my good ol' Wren & Martin - so bought another one for my children. I've used this book as a supplement to school work from Year 3. Plenty of grammar exercises to practise. An unexpected use of this book was for my son's 11+ exams. I found it useful to teach him from this book and also got him to practice what he had learnt. Some of the areas I would ignore, especially for the 11+ are letter and precis-writing as they are a bit old-fashioned and not the kind of language I'd use. Sorry Mr. Wren!

After completing the basics of grammar I used The New First Aid in English 2nd Edition. This is another fantastic book that helped build on what he had learnt.

Both are old fashioned books but the grammar rules still apply! I didn't need the key for the most part but did have to refer to the key for few odd questions. I would recommend having the key handy.
on 7 April 2018
Great product . Delivered as expected.
on 26 April 2016
Good book, to build your gramer
on 18 May 2014
I am 48 and used this book when I was a child. So i know what this book is all about. Thank you very much.
on 17 November 2015
Should help my student. Bigger point epuld be good
on 17 September 2015
very good
on 9 September 2013
It was an excellent book. In fact I used the same book when I was in secondary school with 100% satisfaction
Joseph
on 11 April 2013
Wren and Martin is an useful book . I love this book and I will keep it with me all the time.
on 12 October 2014
Execellent
on 3 June 2013
Useful but not geared to British exam boards, hence limited. Delivered pronptly and reasonably priced.Would prefer something within the context of this country.