on 2 April 2016
Bought this for a Dell Inspiron 1545, and it works flawlessly!

I'm not sure why other reviewers are complaining - the sellers are clearly telling everyone which models and brands of laptop that this PSU works with, so it looks to me like other people need to actually read descriptions before blindly hitting the 'buy' button.

Excellent product, fast dispatch, zero complaints!

5 Stars
One person found this helpful
on 4 May 2016
Perfect. Bought for my Inspiron 1545 after the original charger (now 7 years old) came to the end of its life span. Not bad as the original battery only lasted me 4 years before needing replaced. I suspect its not an original Dell part despite the sticker on there but who cares as long as it works. Used it for a week and it hasn't blown up yet (see previous reviews) but I prefer to err on the side of caution and don't leave it plugged in and charging when I'm not around.
on 16 February 2015
My original dell charger was completely shattered so I had to get the new one. Found this product on Amazon with great reviews so thought looks like worthy buy. There is no fault in charger, it works excellent charges battery and very nicely made. The only problem with it, whenever I connect it to my laptop, it gives erratic mouse touchpad. I tried various things, like re-installing the mouse driver and other drivers but nothing helped. But when you take out the charger the laptop mouse touchpad works fine. This problem is very frustrating.
One person found this helpful
on 7 January 2014
There are a lot of fake dell cables around and I was worried this might be one too, but when I plugged it to my laptop I couldn't be more happy! It works perfectly!And its a great price. I would recommend this item to anyone looking to replace their old cable!
8 people found this helpful
on 30 January 2015
My original dell adapter finally gave up and the dell site was over expensive. Reading some of the review's on several adapters was in two minds of what to do but settled on this one as the picture looked the same as my old one. Was so glad I did came well before time well packaged and worked like a dream as soon as I plugged it in would highly recommend both product and seller.
on 30 July 2015
Not convinced this is a 100% official Dell product but it looks and works as well as and is a fine alternative to those on a budget, it meets all the right specifications. But unfortunately (and perhaps unsurprisingly) my charger stopped working properly after 3 months of use (the computer failed to recognise it and thus it was only good as a mains power supply not a battery charger) however the 1 year guarantee on this product meant I was able to contact the seller to notify them - and a replacement appeared on my doorstep just 2 days after I sent the message - now that's customer care. Very pleased. The new charger is working fine so far.
on 25 November 2015
Even though it says Dell on the sticker, I don't think it's by Dell. It charges but the lead only fits in half way which means it falls out with any movement or knock. Not happy about it but it'll do. Kinda wish I'd bought a cheaper one as I still have the worry of it overheating or exploding (as I believe it's a fake so may not be safety checked properly). I'd just recommend that you don't leave it plugged in overnight and to keep checking the temperature of the box just in case. Not happy with this product but it charges and I need a charger so I'll carry on using it, just with added caution.
on 7 May 2017
Well worth the extra cost to purchase an original factory charger that will last longer than the knock offs! Weight is less from original
on 27 November 2015
Bought this product in June 2015. Had no problems up until this morning when I plugged my laptop in to charge & smelt burning. Small child was in the room when it sparked and blew up!!!!!! Absolutely disgusted with this product!!!!!! Please can someone contact me I can't figure out how to contact sellers!!!!!!! Very angry as you can imagine.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on 12 July 2015
Very glad I bought this. Was nervous as I have heard worrying reviews of these chargers 'blowing up' and other horror stories, but had this charger for a few weeks and *fingers crossed* all seems fine. Fits my Inspiron 1545 perfectly and looks ascetically like my original dell charger (that was utter garbage). Arrived promptly, which is important as a student because my entire life in school documents is on my laptop, Very pleased overall, and would recommend.