on 5 February 2014
Just what I needed. My kitchen cupboard hinge securing holes were completely shot. I had tried everthing eles and was thinking the only option left was a new carcas. It was the one under the sink so I really didn't want to change that one so I though I'd give these a go. I had read sone reports about having to drill the holes etc. well not these ones they were perfect. I screwed in the Hinge holding screws and offered the plate up and marked the 4 holes for the new screws. removed the plate and drilled (1mm pilot) the holes. this ensured I got the plate aligned correctly. fitted both the plates and then fitted the door like it was a new cupboard. 5 stars best fix I have seen for the over used kitchen cupboard. 1 further tip do not put the food recycling waste bin in the cupboard under the sink and then fit childproof clips. It just gets the door bust in no time.
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 July 2015
what a joke. these things turned up, and on first inspection appeared good quality. however they arrive without any thread on the screw hole for the hinge fitting. I asked how it was supposed to work, I got a prompt reply saying that I needed some m5 Euro screw which could be purchased from another reseller on Ebay, and these would with a little bit of pressure screw through the holes in order to hold firm

I already had some but I ordered new ones in case these Euro M5's were special.. I bought these screws and tried again with no avail.

Until the vendor start shipping with threaded holes it seems pointless, the metal is reasonably sturdy and trying to thread it using a screw seems pointless. was offered a refund if found faulty within 14 days, it took longer than this to organise the new screws... I just want the thing I paid for to have thread in the screw holes.. it cant be that hard if you can make something of this quality finish already?

I would avoid like the plague.
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 7 January 2018
I used these on a repair, I found them to be faultless, the key element is measurement all I did was to measure from a good non damaged hole and transfered it if that makes sense to people that are reading this review. mine came with all the scews and I cant fault them in any way they are a great design and faultless in my advanced city and guilds Carpentry Certificate opioin you need a couter sink bit as the side that touches the carcase is bured inwards to help location, hope this helps any body. and double sided tape holds it in postion
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 July 2015
I thought I was in for trouble when this arrived as it was wider than the post my door hinge was fixed to (i.e. the hinge fits on a post not on a full width panel). The post is not as deep as the plates are, but... bending them carefully and neatly in a vice did the trick, along with drilling two extra fixing holes. Phew - well worth it in the end for a truly solid fixing far stronger it seems than the original - and an attractive appearance.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2017
Ordered to repair standard B n Q carcass hung with their range of doors on their soft close hinges. This particular cupboard has a bin hung on it so gets more strain than the rest. My "euro" type screws were too tight to fit in the pre-drilled holes, but after redrilling at 6mm they fitted a treat. Cupboard now like new with solid door fitting. Although I had to re-drill the hole, it is better to have come with holes too small, than too big. Good price, delivered quickly
One person found this helpful
on 17 November 2016
Great product for repairing a door hinge. Everything fitted perfectly to produce a neat and robust solution. One possibly helpful hint though - screwing the actual hinge screws through the plate can be a tough job. I found one went through relatively easily, but the other was especially tough. I found that by removing it when it got "stuck" and then using a little sandpaper in the hole that any paint impeding the threading could be removed and on retrying the screw it became easier to "cut the new thread".

I would certainly use this product again if I needed to effect a similar repair.
on 11 February 2016
I have struggled with a kitchen cupboard door that kept coming loose for the last few years and often ended up stored beside the fridge, leaving a great big hole where the door should have been. Despite following various tutorials that showed how to refill the original holes etc, nothing ever held for more than a week or so at most.

By chance I ran a Google search for hinge repairs rather than cupboard repair and that brought me to this product that appears to have worked extremely well. It took just a few minutes to fix everything in place and now it's more solid than the day it was first installed. Given the cost of modern kitchens and the way doors like these often have problems I am surprised fitters don't use these as standard.
on 29 May 2017
Just the job, and very easy to fit and adjust the doors afterwards. I did think about drilling the sides and bolting the old hinge plates on, but thought these repair plates were a neater and better option. Take time to remove any loose material from the old screw mountings to ensure the plates sit flat on the side panels. I did screw the hinge plate screws into the plates first to make the work go easier. You will have to readjust the doors so they hang perfect and line up with any existing doors.
on 23 April 2017
Amazing... I recently had to replace cupboard doors and re-drill the holes for the new hinges. One or two went wrong but these repair kits got me out of trouble and provide a very secure fixing for the doors. So cheap. be aware... They only like the new euro screw as opposed to the older style fixings that some of my hinges had, fortunately I replaced all the hinges to soft close and they came with new fixings. Very pleased
on 8 May 2014
I used these to repair the hinges on two old bathroom cupboards. As others have mentioned, the holes for fixing the hinges to these plates are quite small but this is necessary to ensure a solid and lasting fit.

I found the best method was to fit the large screws from the hinge into the plate (without the hinge) and then screw these into the existing holes in the cabinet. This allowed accurate positioning of some small pilot holes for the new screws. Having then removed the hinge screws and attached the plates to the cabinet with the supplied screws, everything fitted back together perfectly.

Although these are simple items, they were manufactured and finished to a high standard and fitted very precisely. I'd say they were well worth the small investment, and have added a few years more service to some old cupboards.
2 people found this helpful