on 15 November 2014
This is just what I wanted to help with puzzles on holiday. LED screen could be improved as it is difficult to see in some lights.
on 7 December 2010
This proved to be a big improvement in almost every respect on previous models. It is astonishing value for money for the Crossword addict. One slight criticism is that when lists of, say minerals, are shown they are in alphabetical order. Previous models have been more helpful to the crossword addict who likes such lists arranged by word length categories, and then alphabetically within that category, to save having to wade through much irrelevant material as the length of the answer word is already know. Another very small niggle is that I have yet to find a Clear key and have to use the On/Off one to spped things up. Overall, an amazing product at a heartwarming price!
on 31 May 2011
Altogether, a very nice bit of kit. Well made, and professional looking.
Because of the amount of information installed in it, it obviously takes a while to absorb, but I was using it well enough for help on a crossword, within 20mins.
A little pricey, but, if you want the best you have to be prepared to pay for it .
Recommended.
on 17 April 2012
Originally, I had been intending to buy a 'Chambers Crossword Completer' book but one of the reviewers there mentioned this reference library. Yes, it is expensive but with all its functionality (dictionary, encyclopaedia, thesaurus, quotations, crossword solver, anagrams etc) I thought that it was worth a try.

It is sturdily made and its size and weight mean that you can conveniently slip it into a pocket. Since buying it, I have found that I mostly use it when I am reading: it is so quick and easy to use that I now look up the meaning of words that I would have previously just glossed over. You can also search the dictionary by subject area but although it looks reasonably comprehensive, I suspect this method might have its limitations.

This Seiko is useful as a crossword solver in that you do not need to know the letters at the beginning of the word in order to find your answer although it does not seem to have as many multiple word solutions as the 'Chambers Crossword Completer'. The Thesaurus is similar to a Roget's Thesaurus but easier to use. For crosswords, however, I do not find it as useful as the 'Chambers Crossword Dictionary' which includes, for example, lists of theatres, first names and types of musical instruments. Despite these drawbacks, I have still found the answers to most things.

I haven't tried all the facilities on this machine but I use it most days. Is it worth the cost? You would need to think about how, and how often, you will be using it. I certainly don't regret buying it.
on 28 November 2011
It's better than the Concise; but I'd still like more words. I would pay more money for the
Oxford Dictionary. The whole thing! However probably as good as there is available.
I don't need the games and puzzles; just give me words.
on 9 December 2011
Contains the Oxford Dictionary of English and the matching Thesaurus, but lacks the lists of things in the printed edition for example Writers, Composers etc, which was a bit of a dissapointment.
However, it certainly helps with the Telegraph crossword and will be a boon when I go on holiday, which is why I bought it.
A bit difficult to read in poor lighting conditions, including these low wattage lamps that we have been forced to use.
Certainly one of the best I have seen, but I hope the time will come when the whole of the printed editions will be included.
Good value for money and a very attractive bit of kit.
on 12 November 2011
I love doing crosswords either general knowledge or cryptic and have found this so helpful it helps you to find the answer to a clue and it also has so many other functions that are helpful. I am pleased that I purchased this product
on 2 January 2011
This Seiko ER9000 replaced my previous Seiko of 3 years ago. It is great, clear, practical. The ideal "cheating' friend to help me to solve the GK crossword of Saturday's Telegraph. In the middle of the snow, etc... it arrived very quickly to my address in France. What else can we ask for?
on 3 September 2011
Brilliant accessory for puzzle addicts and curious people!
As a 70 year old retired teacher I am still learning new knowledge.Well made attractive product. 5* rating.
on 11 July 2012
This electronic reference library is amazing. It is light, stylish, easy to use, and it contains a fantastic amount of information. Not exactly cheap but very good value. I wouldn't like to be with out it.