Customer reviews

on 27 November 2009
This is a quilting book in a league of it's own. Superb finish and presentation. If you like the simple,natural, minimalist approach to quilting laced with outstanding technical skill and inspiration you will love and treasure this book.
on 4 January 2013
For me this book falls half way between two stools. On the one hand, it attempts to be a showcase of Jinzenji's work, on the other, it tries to be a project book when it really doesn't need to be. I would have prefered more inspiration and less instruction. Nevertheless Jinzenji's love of texture, and incredible flair for dyeing and manipulating fabric shines through; her love of stitch is also plain to see. Had the publisher (or whoever) decided to focus more on Jinzenji's work, rather than include projects (or at least put them in a separate section at the back of the book), Quilt Artistry would have felt less fragmented and been a real feast for the eyes. However, I would still recommend this book since the work included is inspirational and beautifully balanced, and I'm sure readers will find her subtelety and Eastern sensibility very appealing.
VINE VOICEon 30 November 2010
With all the hype over this textile artist I was expecting more. Having just ordered her latest book (not yet published) I hope the new one will give me what I am looking for in quilting art. This particular book certainly did not. The descriptions are not easy to follow and the photography of some items is not very good. There is very little to explain how this Japanese textile artist works or how she achieves the results she does. Some items are beautiful but there is so little guidance that attempting to learn her techniques is well nigh impossible; at least it was for me. Perhaps those more skilled than me will find it more enlightening but I can't say I've gained much from this book.
on 13 January 2017
A beautiful inspirational book for those who like to create something different to traditional quilting.
on 25 November 2014
Gorgeous book, promptly delivered.
on 17 November 2015