on 2 July 2004
Before I recently started Kendo I decided to buy this book to get more of an insight into what Kendo is all about, and whether I would enjoy it or not. Not only did it make me want to start learning Kendo straight away, but it is proving to be very useful in helping me learn the Japanese terms, etiquette, techniques, etc. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Get it!
on 28 October 2003
I am new to Kendo and found this book very informative and easy to follow. It breaks down all the basics into clear pictures and paragraphs. I will be using this book a lot during my time learning this demanding but ultimately rewarding martial art.
on 10 September 2010
I have only been doing Kendo for about a year, but well worth having, it gives plenty of breakdowns, plus diagrams, I use it alot.
on 17 November 1997
This book will help guide the beginning kendoist with basic instructions on proper etiquete in and around the dojo. Direction on the downing and removal of the armour. Readers will learn proper techniques as well as all the Katas for testing. A must for all serious kendo enthusiast.
on 22 November 2014