Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 20 June 2016
I have just finished reading this story to English as a second language pupils, and they loved it. Apart from the question " Do you want to be my friend?" There is no text, so you can make up your own story. The pupils loved guessing the animals, but it was a pity that the elephant was shown only on the front cover, instead of within the rest of the story as well. Also, and perhaps I am being too fussy here, I would rather that the title had been, " Would you like to be my friend?" As it sounds more polite. Otherwise it was a great success.
on 24 July 2009
This is a story without words, good for encouraging interaction in autism, great on understanding the idea of friendship, naming, colours and everything else that Carle does so well.
on 11 July 2011
My wife and I work extensively with children's groups and often find it hard to explain to parents the difference between 'reading' and 'telling' a story. This book makes the distinction quite clear: there are no written words, so the story has to be 'told'. The pictures are delightful, with every page hinting at the next one, and lots of wild animals to guess. Should prove a favourite with any child able to recognise an elephant, giraffe, lion and so on. This bok should be in every pre-schooler's library.
on 8 April 2013
Yes we do, once again a very simplified, easy book for the youngest children. It allows them to build the confidence to talk about their thoughts and feelings and express their own ideas about stories with particular themes and characters. The size, weight and material of the book also allows them to develop physical confidence and ownership in handling storybooks.
on 2 February 2012
I bought this for my autistic son hoping that it might help him as a social story... he loves all of the eric carle books that we have so far, i have found that the other ones that we have do help him see how he "ought" to behave. however, this book only has pictures and so i feel it would be better for a much younger child than him, he prefers to read along as we go, if we were to make up the words to go with the pictures then it just would not hold his interest... lovely lovely illustrations as you would expect!
on 31 January 2012
This is an unusual book, you can make every story you tell your child a little differently when you use this book to tell a tale
Use the pictures, and if you are prepared to use your imagination, children will love it.
I think a must have in any collection of books for your child
on 5 April 2013
Once again Eric Carle has proved to be a big hit with my 4 year old Grand-daughter, she knows most of the books she has of his by heart and loves to tell me the story as I turn the pages.
on 21 March 2013
Lovely book for younger children, but mostly picures,not enough actual reading for my grandson who is 6yrs old, but nevertheless
he loves it.
on 26 May 2016
My 4 year old boy loves it, but make sure you watch the video first on YouTube as there's no words in it lol!
on 14 October 2016
great book - baby loves colours and shape of animals as well as repetitive story.