Customer reviews

on 29 April 2017
I love this deck. Got on with it straight away. I always do anyway. To me it seems the less i liked the deck then, the more i end up loving it when i actually have it myself. I dont recommend it to people who r starting to read tarot as its completely different.
on 16 March 2017
Love these cards, give good readings :)
on 15 November 2014
A nice deck of cards - symbolic to the Native American Culture. I work as a professional reader and do use these occasionally; although I do have my favorite deck. Beautifully illustrated.
Fast Delivery
on 17 December 2014
I have and use thirteen different oracles; this one is my favourite - the most spiritual and insightful, very clear, always positive...even when it comes to traditionally difficult cards...
on 20 July 2017
My favourite tarot, beautiful pictures, mainly kinder than other tarot.
on 24 April 2015
BRILLIANT CARDS, great delivery and very useful with my work
on 22 April 2010
I have only been studying and using Tarot for a couple of weeks and already have a few sets of cards. These cards have beautiful depictions and the mini booklet that comes with them is very helpful. The Major Arcana cards in this set are differently named to the Rider Waite cards, but you can see the resemblance. eg. The Fool is The Clown, The Magician is The Medicine Man, The Empress is The Grandmother etc.
The Major Arcana card names mean more to me than the Rider Waite and place the importance of the soul with the family and community rather than Victorian stylised meanings. I also feel drawn to these cards and feel comfortable with them. Strange I know when we are talking about cards.
I showed them to a guy in my local store where I buy my crystals, and he asked me to get him a set from Amazon as he cannot even buy them in at the price Amazon are selling them at. I will say that the others in the store loved these cards aswell.

I have a few books already about Tarot and find that most of them concentrate on Rider Waite decks and each seem to give different meanings to the cards. Yet the healers, Tarot readers and Psychics I have spoken with all tell me that you should read the cards using your own instincts and feelings from what you see. Yes, read the basics of Tarot reading but not too much on what the various authors tell you about the meaning. Well the pictures and names of this set of cards will help you doing this and also give you an insight to the Native American psyche and wonderful outlook towards this Earth life.

Also, I think these cards are easier for a newcomer to tarot like myself as I do not have a long period of reading in a certain way and am still open to new depictions. That said, I think long time readers will easily make the transition to this set also.

Well, after all the nice things I've said about the cards and brilliant booklet that come in the pack, you may be thinking why not a 5 star rating?

The reason for only 4 stars is the quality of the card stock. Although they are ok, after only a few days of shuffling them they are already getting a bit dog-eared. When I start reading more for others I will need a few sets just in case they deteriorate quickly, which I know will be the case.They are not as poor quality as the Medicine Cards from Jamie Sams & David Carson (if you have a set of these for comparison).I find that the cards stick together in clumps when shuffling. So, maybe it is best to mix the cards by spreading them on a cloth to mix them up rather than the standard hand shuffle. So far the Universal Rider Waite cards are the finest quality I have used.

That said, I absolutely love these cards. But ask that the producers improve the card stock on future productions, even if it means a price rise as they are truly worth it. I will just have to treat them with more care and consideration.
on 29 May 2017
This is a very gentle Tarot deck.I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in Native American culture and that type of imagery. The only downside is that the card stock is a bit thin and flimsy.
on 3 June 2007
The vision quest deck has beautiful art work and is easy to use. I have several tarot decks and i keep coming back to the Vision Quest deck as i get more out of this deck than any other i have used. When i have given readings my clients always ask where they can obtain this deck as they love the art work and can easily follow the reading. This deck is suitable both for beginners and professionals as you are drawn into it and the messages are clear. Don't take my word for it try it out for yourself and you will find that you will keep coming back to this beautiful deck.
on 11 December 2009
This is a beautiful Tarot deck, that I have worked with for a few years. I teach Tarot, and my students often fall in love with this deck! The art work is inspiring, especially if one has a liking for Native American culture. It may be a little tricky for beginners, in that this deck does not use the terms "wands, swords, cups and pentacles", but Fire, Air, Water and Earth. Also, some of the Majors are renamed, eg Grandmother and Grandfather for Empress and Emperor. However, one can soon adjust to that.
The Air (swords)court cards are more positive than usual, perhaps because feathers are used to represent Air, rather than swords. The four elements are depicted by different Native American tribes, very subtly.
The little white instruction book that comes with this deck is a gem: very positive, useful, interpretations, and highly spiritual. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a bigger book available, in English anyway (maybe in German).
I would certainly highly recommend this Tarot deck!