Customer reviews

on 8 March 2014
For anyone interested, particularly, in the Mark II version of this band this is an essential book.

The simplicity of the Ian Paice's drums, Ritchie making alterations to his Strat with a screwdriver and Jon hunched over his keys in a chilly hotel in Montreux is a far cry from the complicated stage sets and synthesizers, Apples perched on top of programmable keyboards and 'Autotune'. Just listen to what 'Machine Head' sounds like then look at the conditions it was recorded in.

Another nice aspect of these pictures is the number that show Ian Gillan and Ritchie Blackmore smiling at each other. One in particular is notable with Ritchie leaning on Ian's shoulder in mid guitar-vocal duel and they both seem to be staring at the fretboard, thinking 'Where did that note come from?'

If you are a long-term fan this is a great buy!
on 26 July 2017
Very GOOD!!!
on 10 July 2017
You 've got to have it if you call yourself a fan! Like a time machine, this book takes you back to the glorious past of the band!
on 26 December 2013
When I received a very well packed box from amazon, my first thought was, is this a box of bricks. Luckily it wasn't. This book is absolutely amazing. I'm 54 years old, been a devoted Purple fan since I was 10. I have never seen anything like this. But the Purple deserves it. They are the most honest band ever, and always treated their fans with respect. Wish they will be around for many more years. The man behind this book is fantastic. His work is so proffessional. I give this my highest recommendation.

Well done DIDI
on 26 December 2013
I have previous edition of this book (2002). The picture quality in new book is much better: pictures are sharper, colors are brighter. There are more pictures in this book than in old one (for example, from "The battle rages on" and "Rapture of the deep" tours). Didi Zill wrote comments to the photos. The book contains interviews with Roger Glover, Ian Gillan, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Steve Morse. Great book!
on 31 January 2014
I've saw the old Didi Zill's Deep Purple photo book and I tought it was a great stuff.
I wanted to buy it soon or leater.
In december of 2013 a friend of mine very huge DP' fan send me an email and he told me that I was in the album with some friends of mine and Roger Glover in Milan!
So I bought the book, 4 books, for me e for the guys on the pic.
Ok I'm there but it's a personal stuff and you don't care.
But the photo book it's really great, the best book I ever seen in my life about DP.
There is the history of the band, specially DP Mark II, but not only, probably the best making of DP and the pics are wonderfull!
If you like DP, you have to buy it.
on 5 January 2014
A great collection of Purple and related photographs covering the band(s) at their peak. A worthy edition to any collection of Deep Purple memorabilia.
on 11 December 2014
alles prima
on 8 January 2014
Best photobook about Purple, covering all periods and all areas, stage and promo shots, and lots of private photo sessions at home and in the studio. Even in the mysterious castle of Sir Richard. No photographer got closer to the band than Didi Zill. With those insights, the group members become less perfect strangers to the fan. Not cheap of course, but I would buy it again, because many pics can only be found in this giant book.
on 28 December 2015