Customer reviews

on 9 April 2010
This book has very clear diagrams and pictures which are easy to follow by themselves although I find the text very difficult and often repetitive. From the name of the author and Publisher I presume the book has been translated and I think this accounts for the difficult text . I find I have to read and re read paragraphs.
However I do think that it is a good basic book for anyone wanting to tackle pastels for the first time
on 7 July 2009
As a later beginner to art, ( pensioner )I feel that the instructions in this book will be very helpful to me as they are clear and not full of mumbo jumbo.
I shall look forward to copying the pictures and using it as a tutorial aid and guide.
on 23 October 2013
Great beginners book with many colour photos, good explanations of the various pastel techniques and many easy to follow exercises. Love it.
on 24 September 2014
Gives a newcomer all they want to make a start
on 4 March 2010
I bought this for my teenage son and it looks like a good book. I rate it down because there was no warning that it contained pictures of naked ladies. Im not a prude but it should say if it has nudity in it. Not just drawings but photos of the model. Had i known i would not have bought it for my 14 year olds birthday.