Customer reviews

on 25 July 2012
I bought both the Marco Polo & Michelin road maps - They were both at the cheaper end of the price range. This is the best of the two for me. I find it less busy (yes it has a slightly larger scale...) but this is because of the colouring. The Michelin has greens and darker shades to suggest 'relief' where as the Marco Polo has predominetlt whiteish/light greys which I find easier on the eyes and clearer. I also like the in brckets how to pronounce the town / city though I'm unsure of for which language set this is delivered to, BUT it seems to be OK for me (an English speaker) The paper is also thicker or better quality than the Michelin so the Marco Polo scores here too (the Michelin would be throw away after one trip... but I as I do with all my maps, have fabloned both of them anyway - makes them tear proof, waterproof and usable for years) All in all Recommended.
on 15 October 2012
Road map that works as a one big unfolded map, double sided. Covers the whole country and has Marrakech, Tanger, Rabat, Fes, and Meknes cities overview. The city maps just to be used as a rough guide, as they are not detailed enough (Marrakech, at least). It's tricky to represent Morocco's Medinas though (didn't really find an accurate enough map for that).

For the roads, OK for the main ones, but not always 100% accurate enough on crossings, side roads, etc. Not good for small secundary roads or gravel roads (carriageways). I guess it would need a bit more resolution on those difficult areas.

We used it for all the South-Marrakech area: Atlas-Toubkal (where we had to use a bit of guessing), Ouarzazate, Tinghir, Merzouga, Zagora, Essaouira.

Good enough as a reference and for the main roads (not difficult in the east area as there are not many...) but can struggle for secundary roads or more road-congested areas.
on 30 April 2015
This is a good map but if you are using it to navigate it is very important to realise that it is 1:800,000. That means that - like any competing map of a similar scale - it is of limited use in and around towns and cities. For example Marrakech at 1:800,000 is about 2cm across, so there's no way any map can show all the roads, and in and around Marrakech there are virtually no road signs, so if armed only with a 1:800,000 scale map you would get hopelessly lost. The city maps within this map are good but only cover the central areas, and European sat-navs don't tend to include Morocco (eg for Garmin it can be added but only at enormous cost). An answer is to get a map like this but also to research Marrakech and other cities beforehand using Google earth/maps so you know where you are going before you get there. In rural areas, there are fewer roads and the signs are reasonably (not totally) reliable, so this map should be enough.

(Irrelevant PS for those intending to drive in Morocco: it isn't very different to other comparable countries, but beware of the ubiquitous police radar speed traps, at just about every junction on the map, and that there are motorway tolls, though they are not extortionate).
on 19 September 2012
Good map, shows many of the important sights to see in Morocco. Only "fault" is that there is a symbol for a mountain pass which has nearby a number e.g. 10:04 which signifies the pass is closed between October and April. Actually, this is not true (according to our hotel) and there is no mandatory closure of passes so it means that the pass may be closed by snowfall during those months. Should make it clearer which is why I have docked a star!
on 27 July 2012
Very usable up to date map, which is the right size and type to use on a touring holiday.In a word perfect.
on 22 June 2014
Perfect map, provided all relevant info. City driving in Morocco can be crazy, I would recommend either detailed city maps or a GPS. Although this map does provide small city maps, they are limited. Also, there was no city map for Casablanca. Otherwise, driving between towns and cities this map was very handy.
on 6 June 2014
Given so many maps to choose from I wasn't really sure which to go for. This one is clear and easy to read. I'm not sure it's that much different to others as I've not been able to fully compare, but this one boasts Scenic Routes and places of interest (can confirm they are clear) and also 5 City Maps (which could be useful).

I will be looking for another, more specific, map of North Morocco so that I can zoom in more on the area - ideally one that is plastic coated in someway to make it better for travel handling. In the meantime this map is great for my purposes at the moment for overall planning and working out distances between towns.

Summed up: Item as you would expect.
on 29 April 2014
Morroco is vast, and we only travelled in the mid-west section, not going into the desert over the Atlas Mountains. For the section we used, this map was good. You need to remember that some sections of road are still being updated. Updated does not mean these roads are like our M6 etc. However most "major" roads were ok give or take the odd pothole, and bearing in mind they are single carriageway. We had no problems either driving in Morocco or using this map.
on 11 March 2015
Ok - clear mapping, good index /distance section, but already falling apart after 1 week in Morocco
on 31 March 2013
Have not used it yet, bought this map for our trip in the summer, but can confirm that it is a nice thick paper so hopefully will not tear too easily, has places of interested highlighted, which is what I wanted as we plan to be in campervan, (not sure how accurate it is) has many smaller white roads on it so all in all I am pleased with it.