Customer reviews

on 4 April 2013
I love this book. I bought it a few years ago after my first trip to Paris, it was love at first sight as we drove into the city and it's still one of the great loves of my life so I started buying things to remind me of my time there. I've been back many times since then, luckily, but I still buy things to steer my thoughts back there.This book is full of old scenes of a Paris gone by. Lovely.
on 29 May 2014
Next time I would purchase collections of the individual photographers instead. The photos here are grouped by subject, but to my eye it does not make a lot of sense as the pictures are still very different one from another.
on 6 December 2015
Like new, the pictures in this book have been a huge influence in my work. Glad to have this back in my collection!
on 16 July 2014
Simply fantastic ! Paris as everyone loves. Nice journey into the past you can still sometimes see in Paris or in some Woody Allen movies ;-) Should be reimbursed by Paris' Tourist Office
on 7 December 2016
Gorgeous! Romantic and excellent coverage of all the most famous depictions of the 'City of Love'.
on 13 September 2016
Massive book - well worth the price. Great fun pouring over all that history and was a huge help for my costume and set design research (for a theatre production).
on 8 October 2015
My favourite ever photography book. This was a gift for Kate Hopewell-Smith :)
on 1 July 2015
Classic images of Paris - from a great exponent of the photographic art - captured with love and sensitivity - great stuff!
on 16 June 2013
This book inspired me to dig out my old film gear and set about creating some images of Sheffield. Although they don't seem to match the ones in the book I keep trying.
on 15 February 2014
I speak as a very keen amateur photographer, this book has given me many ideas on how to compose street images. I am off to Paris to try out the ideas. Crackin' quality book too!